FloppyDTV-S (FireDTV): Multiple problems watching TV (1 Viewer)

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
audio/video out of sync:
At now i have to say that the problem isn't solved completely. After changing the audio renderer it is much better, but the problem still occurs sometimes. Mostly watching the german channel ProSieben.

Regards
Sebastian

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.3
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Pentium 4 2.66GHz
HDD: Seagate ST3120026AS
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: Shuttle FB61
Motherboard Chipset: ?
Motherboard Bios: ?
Video Card: Radeon 7500 Series
Video Card Driver: Ati 8.203.0.0
Sound Card: Realtek AC97 onboard
Sound Card AC3: -
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6120
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV (FW 1.2.0)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: BDA 4.2.0.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
Satelite/CableTV Provider: -
HTPC Case: Shuttle SB61G2
Power Supply: Shuttle ENP-0730
Remote: Cyberlink Remote
TV: Samsung LE40R72B
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA
DVD-Rom: Plextor PX-130A

audio/video out of sync:
Some days ago i read about solving this by changing the audio renderer to "Default WaveOut Device". I tried this and until now it seems work! More and more i have the suspicion that the offset depends on the audio mode (stereo, dolby digital, etc.) while using MPA. As i already wrote, i have an av-receiver connected via spdif.

Can someone confirm or disprove this?

Thanks

Sebastian

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
Hello again!

audio/video out of sync:
After some more time i can say that it isn't solved until now. In the meanwhile i also upgraded to 0.2.0.4 and there i get the same result. Read about coming improvements regarding libsync in TV Engine 3.

heavy stutters while recording TV in 0.2.0.4:
Shortly after i upgraded to 0.2.0.4 it began that heavy stutters are occuring while recording TV. Never had something like that before. Already checked my system in-depth. Can't find anything else that could be responsible for that. Haven't tried only watching with timeshift, because i never use it. I will try a downgrade and post my results again.

Regards

Sebastian

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
This is the reason I don't upgrade. I'm currently running version 0.2 clean with no updates. I used to run cvs/svn but it always got me into problems. Since 0.2 it's been fairly stable so I don't even dare installing the 0.2.0.x fixes.

I've had all the problems you describe in this thread using the cvs/svn versions since the beginning of this year, and everytime I try to report it as a bug, it seems none of the developers can confirm it. At least there are two of us now.....

Hopefully I can manage to keep myself from upgrading until the next "stable" release, but I guess as soon as there is a test version of 0.3 I will not be able to hold back anymore..

I run a dual card setup with a PVR350 as well, maybe that is also a reason for some of the problems I run into. Like the "priority" setting, I have to change that around some times to get things working, don't really see how this can have such a big effect though.

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
Hi,

KRA:
I'm glad to hear that there is someone with the same problems and taking to me about ;-) In the last month i'am more and more feeling left alone in the forum. But for example when i read the latest status info for TV engine 3 etc., it seems like the developers know all of our problems and are working hard to solve them. Some weeks ago i installed MP on my brother's HTPC and had also the same problems on a completely different environment. At all he got many more problems then i got using MP 0.2.0.X. I was really shocked. He got a dvbs card (Skystar2) with a multifeed system behind and isn't able to use diseqc in MP correctly. He isn't able to switch between channels on the different satelites.

@Forum Leaders:
In my opinion there should be something like a table of known problems subordinated under the different versions of MP. This would bring more structure into the bug tracking. There only the forum leaders should be able to open a thread. Then all users could easyly see what is already known for their version, can post their own experiences and see what the current status of the bug tracking is. Maybe this is a practicable way inside the forum!?

Regards

Sebastian

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
Hi, some updates...

heavy stutters while recording TV in 0.2.0.4:
In MP 0.2.0.4 it really helps to fade back some seconds in timeshift buffer. Then you can watch without any stutters but with a little offset. It has the same effect when recording or just watching with timeshift. Maybe there could be a buffering problem in MP 0.2.0.4???

other performance problems in MP 0.2.0.4:
Since my upgrade i detected some other problems. I can't ensure but everything seems like MP causes now much more system load then in later versions. E.g. when moving through the Program Guide (EPG) it's really tough.

Regards

Sebastian

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
Hi,

now i will always be using timeshift in MyTV until the stutter and libsync problems will be solved completely.

When using timeshift and fading back some seconds there are also no more libsync problems with AC3 sound. So not only the stutters are away. The stream is playing almost as good as a normal DVD. Should be a really great work-around for everybody having this problems. But the bad performance in MP navigation etc. is still persistent.

Regards

Sebastian

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
Last time I checked running a little behind in the TS buffer did not fix the AC3 issue, the sound drifts more and more out of sync, maybe if you skip back every 15 minutes it will be ok and you don't notice it.

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
Hi KRA,

strange!!! For me the libsync issue is fixed completely after fading back. Only when zapping to a different channel i need to do it again. Until now about 10 hours are gone using this work-around with success.

Hope that the developers will fix this soon!

Regards

Sebastian

NickeZ

Portal Member
January 15, 2006
I'm also trying to watch tv with ac3 source with the same problem. audio doesn't sync with video.. I'll try "timeshift workaround" tomorrow=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom