FloppyDTV-S (FireDTV): Multiple problems watching TV (2 Viewers)

bero

September 5, 2006
I have the same problem with mediaportal 0.2.0.0, 0.2.0.4 and latest svn. I have tested spdif and 2 channel stereo output with cyberlink power dvd codec, no success though. The sound starts to stutter after 5-10 minutes. I’m going to tryout the older 0.1.3.0 this evening.
I also have problems with the firedtv remote. It stops working after resuming from standby.

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
Yes, we are not alone ;-)

Nothing new about the out of sync issue from my side. In the meanwhile fading back became the mostly used button on my remote. Thats annoying!

At the moment i am about to build a completely new htpc for my own. It is based on the thermaltake bach HTPC case including the media lab. Until now and against other allegations i have to say that it is a great case i'm really happy with it. The power-on from S0 function via the media lab remote is one of my favourites. The new "be quiet" PSUs (BQT E5-450W) with chassis fan control got all fans totaly noiseless.

bero

September 5, 2006
I got even worse performance with 0.1.3.0 so I moved back to 0.2.0.4. Some how I managed to make it work OK. I changed the audio render device to default direct sound device, but I still got the audio sync problem after a while, 5-10 min. Then I changed output from spdif to 2-channel stereo and since then it seems to work satisfactory. A pity though, I can’t use spdif output.

I also got the remote working when changing from standby to hibernate in power scheduler module.

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
Yes,

for me there is also no more sync problem after changing the output to anything else then directly spdif! So only if there is ac3 pushed to spdif the problem occurs. If non-ac3 sound gets pushed to spdif there is also no problem.

Some days ago i had a power failure once again during watching tv and after that MP mutated to a ram-eater again. "The same procedure as last year, miss sophie?" I had to completely reinstall MP including to clean the whole program directory to get it up and running again. I restored the databases from the corrupted installation and the problem was still persistent. Only after i ran autotune again the problem was solved and MP was running normally. So it seems like the databases got broken through the power failure. Now i have MP 0.2.0.0 without any updates running again and i have to say that it runs much faster than newest version 0.2.0.4.

At all i have to say that MP is still very problem sensitive and really not capable for dummies. You have to do a lot to work around all the possible problems.

Anyone else out there with similar experiences?

Regards
Sebastian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom