h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have installed a fresh install of XP SP3, with all the requirements specified in this website, including the latest DBA hotfixe and then Mediaportal RC2. I have a problem with the TV card, the TV card is working fine with dbviewer, I have scanned and found all the channels but not with Mediaportal. When trying to scan with tvserver, I have nothing, no signal. I have attached the tvserver logs in case seomone can help me find something.
Thanks
Ced

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
I have already tried to apply the dvb hotfix but it doesn't change anything.
Do you mean I need to try the manual way (in safe mode) to be sure that the correct dll and apx are used?
Thanks

If I check dxdiag I still see the older version of the files but if check the registery I can see that it's the files in the dbfix folders that are linked. Does-it mean that the dbhotfix is correctly installed?
Thanks

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i think it's not properly registered coz dxdiag shows older version...

go to the end of the link i posted and there youll' find some little command lines which unregister the old files...

try it.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    I did a "manual" install of the 3 files of the hotfixe via the safe mode and now I have the correct version of these files in dxdiag, but it doesn't solve ma problem.
    I have seen some strange errors in the log files I have attached in my first message in this post but I don't know how to interpret them. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP works with me

Hi I'm running dual floppyDTV S2 also with aston crypt 2.18, witch runs allright for me.
    Had some trouble with the firwirecontroller (via) but since I replaced that one with a Texas Instruments firewire card I didn't have any trouble anymore!

Greetz

Topstar

TV-Server Version: RC2
    MediaPortal Version: RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: blue two
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 UK
    CPU Type: Intel cor2duo 6400
    HDD: 500+250GB
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: Dell optiplex 745
    Video Card: Ati radeo x1300
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Audigy ZS
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type: Floppydtv S2
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Floppydtv S2
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Thank you, at least it tells me that we can make this card works with Mediportal and XP.
    I have a few questions:
    did you have the same problem of no channel found when scanning with tvserver? (it's working fine with dbviewer with me)
    did you installed the BDA hotfixe?
    Can I ask you to check my log files? there's some "memory corrupt" errors but I don't know what to do?

Thanks

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ced007, just my 2 cts. If you plan to use the Astoncrypt 2.18 to get Canalsat, forget it. That does not work with the newest Canalsat card starting by 18. I know I have one. My solution for the time being is to use the hardware encoder of my PVR350. Other solution is to ask for the Viaccess 3.0 card (carte seule) to Canalsat and get a new Aston Viaccess dual.
    Beside that I have the same Floppy DTV S2 card and I get no problem so far under XP SP3.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Do you mean the 18th of July?
    Because it's working with me, with the DBViewer I have scanned and correctly received (and decoded) the canalsat channels.

I'm also in contact with the DigitalEverywhere team for this problem. They tell me that if 2 services want to use the DBA drivers it can be a problem. They ask me to test the following. Stop the TV-SErver, run the DB-Viewer and try to scan, it works fine, I have all the CanalSat channels, corectly decoded.
    Now if I start the TV-server again (after closing DB-Viewer) and I run the tv-server scan, I have still have the "no signal" error.... :(
    Could it be that the dbviewer is still running somewhere and block the tv-server for using the DBA drivers? I try to search in the running services but I cannot find something.

I continue to have a "memory corrupt" in the error.log of the tv-server when the scan is starting.

One more question: when scanning with DBViewer I choose the sat Astra 19.0E but it's not available in TV-Server, so I used Astra 19.2E... Is it ok?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom