FloppyDTVS2 - No signal (1 Viewer)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
:)
I finally re-installed everything, but instead of XP SP3 I have installed Vista Ultimate (32 bits) and now the scanning is working fine.
I have re-installed everything (windows updates, tv drivers, codecs, ...) in the same version and the same order than I did for XP. The only software I have not re-installed is Nero 7 because this version is not compatible with Vista.

So there's a problem with MediaPortal RC2 + XP SP3 + FloppyDTV S2 (and maybe Nero)

Thanks for all of you who tried to help me.

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    TV-Server Version: RC2
    MediaPortal Version: RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: AMD 5000+
    HDD: 320GB Samsung
    Memory: 4Gb
    Motherboard: 780G
    Video Card: HD3200
    Video Card Driver: ATI catalyst 8.4
    Sound Card: integrated
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV DVBS2
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.5N
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD8
    h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: 13° and 19,2°
    HTPC Case: ANTEC black fusion
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE
    TV: 42" Philips 7403D
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI2HDMI

HI,
    i have the same configuration, and all is working fine, but i don't have NERO so perhaps is that the problem.

dimitryvld

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same problem here that sed007 has. XP SP3, floppydtv-s2 and no signal with MP RC1 and RC2. With firedtv viewer there is signal and when I use another satellite tv card in MP I do have signal. Do we have to wait for RC3? Nero can't be the problem. I dont have it installed. Regards,
    Dimitry

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi dimitryvld,
    I solved it by installing vista instead of XP.
    I'm not sure about the problem with XP, maybe I have not installed correctly the required BDA hotfix or maybe this is related to Nero. As I told it in my previous post, I have re-installed all other requirements and softwares with Vista and it's working perfectly now, the only 2 things I have not re-installed is the BDA hotfix (not needed with Vista) and Nero (the version 7 I have is not compatible).
    As you can see above, razorbakmax as the same configuration than you XP SP3, FloppyDTV S2 and RC2 and it works with him.

I have now the version 8 of Nero I will try to install it to see if everything still work (I will do a complete backup first ;))

Mats42

Portal Member
    December 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Seems to have the same issue here. Picture with firedtv viewer (a striped dvb viewer) but MP fails to scan channels. It goes through the transponderlist way to fast to do a true scan

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Seems to have the same issue here. Picture with firedtv viewer (a striped dvb viewer) but MP fails to scan channels. It goes through the transponderlist way to fast to do a true scan

Do you happen to have Nero 7 installed? Also please provide the logs created during scanning.

Mats42

Portal Member
    December 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'n sorry but no Nero on that box.
    What I did was to reinstall tvserver, reboot, try to scan - still to fast, uninstall tvserver, reboot, install tvserver, reboot, scan - found channels.
    I told it to realy clean out too. Would there be any surviving log after that and if so, where?

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just to correct my previous answer. Back from vacation, it seems that CANALSAT is working again with Astoncrypt 2.18. Recording are just fine. I am under XP SP3 and for Tourette I have Nero 7 installed. Channel scan used to crash at the end of Transponder list. I changed LNCB for 0.2dB now it works fine. However I still cannot see HD properly whereas I can in DVBviewer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom