Foofaraw43 (1 Viewer)

goon.

Portal Member
March 28, 2007
NRW
Home Country
Germany Germany
First... very nice Skin!
I figured out that when i use the timestep function, the amount of time i skip is still
shown in black..even with the fixes. Can i change this myself???

THX goon.

rsparey

Portal Pro
August 16, 2006
Congleton
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Progress Bar Fix

Sorry it has taken me so long to get round to looking at this for you guys... I can't believe what a mess the progress bar was... anyway I have added the shine to the top of the bar, and made the blue progress bar fit correctly, I have also changed the fonts to white so that they can be read easily.. Thanks for all your feed back, (which is essentail for the improvment of this skin, as I only use the 16:9 version my self..

Thanks to everyone who have posted updated xml files with bug fixes.. I'll try and remember to include them in the next release this time ;)
regards

Rich

(I have not tested this for the tv OSD as I don't have a tv card in my development machine so if someone could confirm that it works ok that would be great)

nul7

August 19, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having trouble downloading the installer. When I click the link to download from MediaFire it just times out. Is the file still hosted there? Either way, can someone pleeeeese upload it to a different host so others can use this skin? Based on the screenshots this looks to be the best skin available ATM. Thanks for all your work and thanks to whoever can provide a working d/l link!

rsparey

Portal Pro
August 16, 2006
Congleton
Home Country
I'm having trouble downloading the installer. When I click the link to download from MediaFire it just times out. Is the file still hosted there? Either way, can someone pleeeeese upload it to a different host so others can use this skin? Based on the screenshots this looks to be the best skin available ATM. Thanks for all your work and thanks to whoever can provide a working d/l link!

The Download is working now, I guess mediafire was experiencing some problems when you tried...

regards

Rich

Doobinsky

Portal Member
September 21, 2007
Hey rsparey, keep up the great work m8 :D

I'm also having difficulty downloading the 4:3 version for some reason. Any chance you could email it to me or host it on a different site? I will keep trying mediafire in the meantime, hopefully its a temporary problem.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Awesome Skin

I installed this skin last night and I have to say this is one of the nicest skins I have used with mediaportal and its not blue! It is a most welcome change and the contrast with the different colours is great.

Please keep up the good work and I look forward to new versions.

I think I will go ahead and make the xml file for the my podcasts plugin so I can use it with this skin. I will attach it back here when complete.

If your team could make a really nice image that fits with the podcasts plugin would be most appreciated.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    I copied over the mypodcasts.xml from the simplemp skin and it works great. I also copied the sounds from that skin as I liked them better.

tangmonster

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    cape town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

I have been using blackmyst 4:3 forever on mediaportal and it is updated to 2.3.0 final and works great, but i am desperate for a different skin. This skon does look great , however the current version is a bit old.

I am using 1.0.3 with all the other little fixes in this thread added but i still have to following issues:

1: When visualization is used in my music and while a song is playing i scroll for another song the cd cover shows very nicely in the bottom left, but when the vis starts , it starts in a 6:9 fashion slightly below cd cover image an leaves a black block.

When i go to now playing and back to list , the vis big square block stays on screen.

2: IN movies with fiels that are split eg "mymovie cd 1.avi" and "mymovie cd2.avi" the little dialogue box does not appear when i enter on the "combined" listing it hangs and i can't escape or do anything.

Are there easy fixes for these problems?

Is there a newer release than V1.0.3

Thank you

Tang

tangmonster

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    cape town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    WOW , No responce , in 12 days.

So no one else is using this skin?

So the only way i can use this skin is to NOT use visualisation and to copy

dialogFileStacking.xml

from bluetwo over the one that comes with this skin.

(got that from the blackmyst skin forum)

how can blackmyst (which is up to date to January NOT be in the HOT skin part)

but this skin that has not even been updated to 2.3.0 final be here????

regards

tang

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    but this skin that has not even been updated to 2.3.0 final be here????

Because until recently Foofaraw itself was well maintained by rsparey, and it was considered when the new section for skins was set up to keep them together.

4:3 skins are not very well supported, as most htpc owners have gone widescreen, and as always thanks to the skinners who do keep these alive and upto date.

Users who are viewing this thread