For The Record 1.6 (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I'd prefer the actual SDK so we have all the information we need. I sent a mail to Technisat, let's see...

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Seems they don't want other software to support their cards, so I guess they don't want to sell more of them :confused:

Unfortunately we cannot offer any software development kits or support for our
HD TV cards and boxes. We sell the Skystar HD2 with our own software as is and
offer updates from time to time.

We ask for your understanding with regard to that.

CairnsFella

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
Home Country
Hi all,

I have been a highly satisfied user of FTR and Mediaportal for quite some time now, but I am intrigued by this "argus" development.

I saw this question asked earlier in the thread, but couldnt see any responses, so if its ok, I will ask the same.. specifically:

What are the advantages of Argus over Mediaportals integrated equivilent, or indeed vice versa.

Please dont take this question the wrong way (I am not looking to prompt answers such as "if you are happy with mediaportal then just stick with that"), as I am genuinely interested in the practical differences to myself as an end user.

Hope someone can assist.

Ernie-c

Portal Member
July 31, 2007
Belgium
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
What are the advantages of Argus over Mediaportals integrated equivilent, or indeed vice versa.

Hope someone can assist.
I think you better ask this kind of question on the ForTheRecord forum, there you will target a bunch of people who have been using the first release of Argus for a while, and so can give you an answer from their first experiences.

CairnsFella

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
Home Country

Hope someone can assist.
I think you better ask this kind of question on the ForTheRecord forum, there you will target a bunch of people who have been using the first release of Argus for a while, and so can give you an answer from their first experiences.

A fair point, though I'd have thought either place would be valid to ask (or both to be more balanced).

I am a member of the forum at 4therecord, but I can never seem to remember my blasted password there, and I get a little tired of requesting a reminder or a new one or whatever (sorry.. a littl eoff topic,,.... just getting a little passwordphobic)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
A fair point, though I'd have thought either place would be valid to ask (or both to be more balanced).
We'll be releasing a 1.5.0.1 maintenance release on Saturday, perhaps an ideal moment for you to try out Argus? Once you know what all the options mean (cfr the Installation Guide), For The Record's installation process is relatively straightforward and fast, so you can try it out an even if you don't like it, you can reinstall with TV server.

But if you don't like it we want to know why of course ;) So we can learn and understand the things we can still improve :D

One of the biggest advantages of Argus over TV server is definitely it's rock-solid design to use different processes for each recording card. So even if your card crashes for some reason or another, your system will recover and resume the recording. You can read more about this here: link.

There are also some movies about Argus on YouTube.

It's logical I'm positive and excited about Argus of course! But I'm happy to say I'm not alone either, we have many happy users. And for a more balanced view other replies are welcome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom