For The Record 1.6 (3 Viewers)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: For The Record 1.4

madslundt: Did you change the timeshift shares in recorder tuner mmc? I did and had the same problems. Now it is running quite smoothly, but the error still occurs occasionally.

dvdfreak: I have some probs/questions regarding 1.5 and argus, maybe you could help me:
    While watching Live TV I get some strange behaviour like broadcasting suddenly stops an MP freezes.
    Sometimes it will go back for about half an hour and play something I've already seen. Even on other channels. (I set "Use ts-files and not rtsp-streaming" on)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: For The Record 1.4

@madslundt: We've had reports about this error before, and often they were related to the RTSP port not being set to 554 in TV server's config. Or because port 554 was blocked somewhere in the firewall or router. Perhaps it makes sense to double-check this first of all?

@dvdfreak: I have some probs/questions regarding 1.5 and argus, maybe you could help me:
    While watching Live TV I get some strange behaviour like broadcasting suddenly stops an MP freezes.
    Sometimes it will go back for about half an hour and play something I've already seen. Even on other channels. (I set "Use ts-files and not rtsp-streaming" on)
    MediaPortal's tsreader seems to be quite picky about the timeshift files, so it seems we have some room for improvement here. It seems to be related to particular systems since some people can play live TV and zap all day long, while others have these hangs from time to time. In Argus all we can do is work on the back-end, the way we write the .ts files, tweak the clock, lots of technical internal stuff which I won't bore you with ;) But we don't have any control over tsreader of course, this is part of MediaPortal.

We will certainly follow up 1.5.0.0 with a maintenance release and see what we can do about stuff like this.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

@dvdfreak: I have some probs/questions regarding 1.5 and argus, maybe you could help me:
    MediaPortal's tsreader seems to be quite picky about the timeshift files, so it seems we have some room for improvement here. It seems to be related to particular systems since some people can play live TV and zap all day long, while others have these hangs from time to time. In Argus all we can do is work on the back-end, the way we write the .ts files, tweak the clock, lots of technical internal stuff which I won't bore you with ;) But we don't have any control over tsreader of course, this is part of MediaPortal.

I quick note. Make sure there is no jumps (backwards or forwards) in the timestmaps :)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

I quick note. Make sure there is no jumps (backwards or forwards) in the timestmaps :)
    Thanks for the tip, it's quite likely related to something like this, yes. Which may explain why it doesn't happen to some people, since some providers may broadcast a "cleaner" clock than others (just making an educated guess here) :)

The interesting thing is that we had reports that VLC plays the timeshift files just fine. so it must indeed be something really subtle.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Thanks for the tip, it's quite likely related to something like this, yes. Which may explain why it doesn't happen to some people, since some providers may broadcast a "cleaner" clock than others (just making an educated guess here) :)

It is indeed a valid guess. Broadcasters are playing quite differently with the PCR/PTS.

The interesting thing is that we had reports that VLC plays the timeshift files just fine. so it must indeed be something really subtle.

VLC doesn't care about the PTS that much, but it is also unable to show the stream duration which is must have in HTPC application. Therefore TsReader needs continuous PCR/PTS values (or it would need to scan the whole file before the start of playback).

And remember TsWriter is GPL :)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    VLC is indeed quite robust, but it does demonstrate the way we write the timeshift files is in essence OK. So I will get my head around the whole PTS/DTS thing and see what I can do to clean them up just before writing the .ts files.

I know TsWriter is GPL (and I'm not sure why you feel the need to stress this), but we are using our own C# code in Argus to handle TS demuxing and file-writing, which seems to work just fine especially for recordings :) For live TV I'll do some more tweaking to improve things further.

It's our very first Argus release so we'll work on improving the few things that can be improved :) And apart from that it's multi-process architecture has already shown its strength (e.g. link), and we're quite proud of what we released :D

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: For The Record 1.5

Hey guys,

I am happy to see that my probs are in the right hands!

Thx
    Luca

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: For The Record 1.5

ho togehter,

I failed to install FTR now for a few times. I just would like to install FTR witout out all these web stuff, because I think the rule engine for recording is very interesting. So I selected core services and media portal tv server. I am not sure which gui components I have to choose. I would like to use FTR for the first time only via MP Gui so media Portal Plug should be ok?!
    The next steps I skipped. I entered then all the Media Portal things and finished the installation. I went then to MP TV server activated, the FTP Plug and set shares, activated "sedn epg data..." button. The i came to the channel settings.
    Unfortunately I imported the channels to times? How can I deleted all channels for import them new?

I started the MP and walked to the EPG View, nothing to see there, activation of tv not possible?

So how do I have to install and configure things here.

Regard Juro

PS after reinstall all works fine again with MP TV Server

Sorry: I did not read the installation manual exactly. I get now some channels and solution works for the moment.

Any advantages using Argus instead of MP TV server.

Regards Juro

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: For The Record 1.4

FYI: our next maintenance release 1.5.0.1 has reached its second BETA and should be out soon now. And I'm happy to report all live TV issues have been reported as fixed by our testers -- and as a bonus zapping times have improved as well :D

1.5.0.1 will also support MediaPortal 1.1 RC3 out of the box. For 1.5.0.0 I have uploaded a new dummy TvPlugin.dll here, so this version can also be used with RC3 until 1.5.0.1 is released.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: AW: For The Record 1.4

FYI: our next maintenance release 1.5.0.1 has reached its second BETA and should be out soon now. And I'm happy to report all live TV issues have been reported as fixed by our testers -- and as a bonus zapping times have improved as well :D

1.5.0.1 will also support MediaPortal 1.1 RC3 out of the box. For 1.5.0.0 I have uploaded a new dummy TvPlugin.dll here, so this version can also be used with RC3 until 1.5.0.1 is released.

double great news.

fix of live tv and zapping times...cant wait !!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom