For The Record 1.6 (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks. Found a little bug. If I enter "21.00" in either start/stop field, this isn't saved. If I enter 9PM, it's saved as "21.00". Lucky for me I'm so clever. :D
    Interesting, we should be using the same locale for displaying as for parsing the time you enter. Does it work with 21:00 (so a : instead of a .)?
    A minor thing, but I'll look at fixing this for the next maintenance release. What locale are you running in?

Swedish Windows XP MCE 2002. Yes, ":" works, "." does not.

I was under the impression that setting start/stop times would hide the channel in the guide when the channel is "off", but I still see both of those I've setup with start/stop times. I want this, as in Sweden, some (mine) cable providers join Cartoon Network and TCM and they share the same tuning information/channel spot. Or even better, a way to "combine" two channels in 4TheRecord that exist as two separate channels in the TVServer.

Or how about a (feature request) "Tuning sharing-channels" setting, where you could set multiple names for the same channel, and it'll change name and EPG info appropriately when the "time has come".

Your plugin/app is great, did I mention that? :D
    Emph

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    :D

We can improve this later on along the lines of what you suggested, but right now the times are used to make sure no recording is done outside of the broadcasting times.

pmcguire

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I made a little boobie when installing it, basically my UNC timeshift paths in the mediaportal console are messed up. I can't modify them or delete them, how do I do it?

Looks like a great plugin, just need to sort this mess I dug myself into.

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nice to have the updated epg design. don't know if it's a bug or a feature^^, but i always have to change my channelgroup cause the one i chose the last time is not saved for the next time i start mp...

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Just upgraded. Great as always, thanks a lot.

One small note. Does not look like you are using the mediaportaldirs.xml file to determine where to copy the skin files. I am using a custom location and had to manually copy it from the program files to my custom directory. Hope you will consider for future enhancement.

incogito

Portal Member
    April 17, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Upgraded to 1.4 - really easy - great improvements ...

"For The Record" is on top of reasons i use MediaPortal
    4TR is so useful and efficient that i don't use the Winfast original software of my DVB-T Card or any other software to schedule and watch Tv on my Pc and Tv Display (Svideo connected)
    So easy, that i schedule more than before ... hard for hard disk

So,:D thanks a bunch

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,
    I've just installed For The Record. Not really played with it yet so it's early days, but anyways...

I see this latest version has an import wizard for MP recordings- that's useful as of course they have all vanished at the moment, so will try that soon.

One thing I find (and I saw this asked in the 1.3 thread, but didn't see an answer) is when selecting a programme that is currently transmitting, I geta message about whether I want to view / record etc. In "classic" MediaPortal, clicking a current programme would start TV viewing without question. Is this an option somewhere / something that can be added in future?

Thanks!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I geta message about whether I want to view / record etc. In "classic" MediaPortal, clicking a current programme would start TV viewing without question. Is this an option somewhere / something that can be added in future?

I find the same, and no there does not seem to be any workaround within that screen, personally prefer the classic behavior, but for the rest of the great features, can put up with it, would be nice to have menu optional though, as most of the choices of what to watch are done there.

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good plugin but dont see any improvement with scheduling confilcts when compared to the standard MP functions. Specifically it is not abe to handle hybrid cards.

For example i have a Pinnacle 7010ix, this has dual dvb-t / analog (hybrid) and dual dvb-s inputs. Channels here are available on DVB-T and are in the main replicated on DVB-S. There is one channel worth watching which is on analog alone.

There are 2 main muxes on different "frequencies" for both DVB-T and DVB-S.

DVB-T is my preferred choice (higher prority) as it offers the channels in HD over satellites lesser definition.

Where the conflict scheduling comes unstuck is as follows.

Lets say i have 2 recordings on seperate DVB-T feeds to start at 8pm these will last for an hour. i also wish to record an analog programme starting at 8.30pm it also lasts for an hour.

FTR will (and so does MP) at 8pm start recording the 2 shows based on card priority and so both DVB-T cards are utilised to record the channels. At 8.30pm the system is unable to record the analog programme as there are no available cards. This is because both of the analog/dvb-t hybrids are recording DVB-T channels.

This is frustrating as my 2 dvb-s cards are sitting unused and all the DVB-t channels are "combined" with the dvb-s ones.

Ideally to manage conflicts like this FTR should be able to look at the block of recordings and see that if there is a period (however small) where an analog and dvb-t show overlaps then the analog show is to be given highest priority, this would then mean that one of the other shows coudl be recorded off DVB-S.

Hybrid cards are fairly popular and some sort of workaround i'm sure would be appreciated widely.

Thanks for your plugin and for having a think about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom