For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (2 Viewers)

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed ForTheRecord but could not get the EPG working.
I was pleased that the plugins un-install worked beautifully and my old default MP with EPG was working again.
Thanks for the good work.

BTW what is the trick on getting the EPG working with your plugin.
I read the manual and thought it would automatically pull the EPG from MP.
Currently I use MC2XML to pull my EPG, and XMLTV plugin to load it into MP TV Server and it works fine.
Do I have to put the tvguide.xml in a different folder for ForTheRecord plugin?
Currently I put the file in the standard TV server folder in MP for the XMLTV plugin to import it.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Thank you for praising our uninstall. Perhaps if you could read the equally beautiful installation guide properly you could see that you do indeed need to place the XMLTV file into a different directory ;)

Page 23: "You can use the guide grabber of your choice, and drop the guide xml file in the program files folder For The Record\Services\XMLTV."

omayhemo

Portal Member
August 13, 2009
Directly from the mytv recordings list as one would with out 4tr. They are then found in the 4tr mc as missing recordings. If then any additional recording of the same type exists or gets recorded it is listed in a folder that still counts deleted recordings as existing in the mp interface.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried to download the source file, but got a message the zip file is not valid. Is it only me who has that problem?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Which file are you talking about? The source of the plugins is available on Team MediaPortal's plugin SVN, not in a zip...?

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried to download TVE3Plugin_Source.zip (373.4 KB, 119 views) on the first page of this thread. But if it is on the MP plugin SVN I will find it. Thanks!

Junkmail

Portal Member
April 1, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, I've installed For the Record, and after much mucking about got the guide working :(. However I can't start a live stream and watch it. Nor does it work in MP. "no free card was found to start the stream". It was previously working fine in MP.
I've followed your guide as best I can, and the only thing I didn't do was "uninstall TV Scheduler " as there is no documentation on how to do so. I'm assuming it's an old version?
I'm on the latest MP and tv server

Andrew

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom