For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
For The Record 1.3.1.0 has been released!

This is mostly a maintenance release, but there are some new features as well, and the list of changes since version 1.3.0.0 is quite long: ;)

• Core: added two new configuration settings: OneTimeRecordingsFileFormat and SeriesRecordingsFileFormat which are used to rename recordings after they are finished (settable from MMC).
  • Core: added setting to use the same recorder/tuner priority for recordings as for live TV (settable from MMC).
  • Core: faster guide imports (measured 25% faster, your mileage may vary).
  • Core: XMLTV importer now also reads the <episode> node as a fallback to <episode-num>.
  • Core: better handling of no-signal situations, will also mail the error now.
  • Core: schedule history now takes the episode title and the episode number into account as a combined episode title.
  • Core: added warning log for skipped recordings due to no card being found to record them on.
  • MMC: new recordings import/synchronization wizard in Management Console (button in "Recorded Programs" panel).
  • MMC: new export wizard to easily export your recorded programs to an external device or location.
  • MMC: recordings panel now loads all recordings in a background worker.
  • MMC: "Record" menuItem is now also available for suggestions and alerts.
  • MMC: added splash screen.
  • MMC and Server Status: an active recording can now be played using a context menu or double-click.
  • MMC and Web Access: groups and non-groups in Recorded Programs are now mixed when ordered by date (identical to the MediaPortal client).
  • MediaPortal TV Server: implemented manual channel linking in the recorder/tuner plugin.
  • MediaPortal UI: included Aeon Wide skins.
  • MediaPortal UI: TV client settings are visible again in MediaPortal's configuration (now installing dummy TVPlugin.dll).
  • MediaPortal UI: it's now possible to zap by channel number within the current group.
  • MediaPortal UI: prefer AC3 and preferred languages implemented.
  • MediaPortal UI: fixed '0' in MediaPortal client fullscreen TV: will swap and zap previous and current channel.
  • MediaPortal UI: added global recording indicator.
  • MediaPortal UI: crop settings are now correctly applied.
  • MediaPortal UI: implemented standard "autofullscreen" and "autoturnontv" settings.
  • MediaPortal UI: enhanced program's description, now includes the director and actors (if known).
  • MediaPortal UI: Included new Blue3wide skin support.
  • MediaPortal UI: Included new Aeon wide skin files from Trevor.
  • MediaPortal UI: now respects the "showChannelStateIcons" setting (only recording channels are shown).
  • MediaPortal UI: mini-guide now shows state icon for channels that are currently recording.
  • MediaPortal UI: implemented record button in MediaPortal TV guide and fullscreen playback.
  • MediaPortal UI: TV guide now also shows channels that have no guide data, since zapping to them for live TV makes sense.
  • MediaPortal UI: move up/down are now mapped to jumping a big step forward/back, just like the standard TV plugin.
  • MediaPortal UI: 'hideAllChannelsGroup' setting will only have effect if there are other groups defined, otherwise the 'All Channels' group will be shown anyway.
  • Enhancement: ForTheRecord setup now support IIS7 (Vista) without using compatibility mode.
  • Enhancement: ServerStatus Notifier now automatically finds a free TCP port to use, this allows it to run when multiple users are logged into a machine.
  • Enhancement: IM-Bot will now keep the server and the local system alive.
  • Enhancement: Server status notifier now also shows the schedule name.
  • Enhancement: made setup easier for new users by asking for the machine role.
  • Bug fix: repeating manual recordings were broken (only the last repeat was used).
  • Bug fix: the live TV keep-alive signal from the MediaPortal client is now sent by a background thread and ensures live TV will keep running in all screens.
  • Bug fix: skipping the pre-recording in the MediaPortal client plugin now handles the case when pre-record is still in progress correctly.
  • Bug fix: MediaPortal client plugin now detects when another type of playback is started while live TV was on, and will end the live TV stream in that case.
  • Bug fix: fixed sorting of date/time column in Management Console and Server Status Notifier.

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,
I´m newbie and just discovered today "For the record".

I have a few questions:

1. Does it run scripts before standby and on resume? I´m using now that other program, PVR Scheduler, and it works ok in that matter. It runs an script before standby to disable my Skystar card, and another one to enable it on resume. I need this disable-enable in my Windows Vista or I get a BSOD. I tried for this issue Hibernate trigger but it didn´t work well.

2. In case "For the record" doesn´t run scripts, can I use it at the same time with "PVR Scheduler" or are they not compatible?

3. If I choose to schedule a manual recording, because I can get the EPG for that program, can I rename it so I can have in my computer the title of that program instead of an uninformative "manual" and a date. PVR Scheduler doesn´t manage this question and I have my computer full of recordings titled "manual".

Thank you in advance.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
1. Does it run scripts before standby and on resume? I´m using now that other program, PVR Scheduler, and it works ok in that matter. It runs an script before standby to disable my Skystar card, and another one to enable it on resume. I need this disable-enable in my Windows Vista or I get a BSOD. I tried for this issue Hibernate trigger but it didn´t work well.
No it doesn't, but perhaps MPStandbyHandler can help you out? MPstandbyHandler - MediaPortal Forum

2. In case "For the record" doesn´t run scripts, can I use it at the same time with "PVR Scheduler" or are they not compatible?
I can't answer this, sorry.

3. If I choose to schedule a manual recording, because I can get the EPG for that program, can I rename it so I can have in my computer the title of that program instead of an uninformative "manual" and a date. PVR Scheduler doesn´t manage this question and I have my computer full of recordings titled "manual".
If you do a manual recording, and For The Record notices that it corresponds with a recording that's in the EPG data it will use the EPG information when recording. So this is all handled automatically for you.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Version 1.3.3 of For The Record has been released.

This is a maintenance release with a very strong focus on improving performance. Some of the more complex rules are now up to 30 times(!) faster than before. More common things will be quicker too: browsing the TV guide, popping up the mini-guide,...

We also improved the setup to automatically install the .NET 3.5 SP1 framework for you if needed. And to install Web Access on the built-in Cassini web server (much easier than having to configure IIS beforehand).

And of course some small new features too: support for logical channel numbers (LCNs), a disk-usage indicator in the MMC,...

This is the list of changes since version 1.3.2.0:

• Core: switched entire solution to .NET 3.5 SP1, installer can download and install the framework for you if needed. Ajax 1.0 is no longer required!
  • Core: implemented custom indexing: schedules that search in descriptions or for actors/directors will be way way way faster.
  • Core: optimized the upcoming recordings cache: is even more effective now.
  • Core: optimized the API for guide and recording browsing.
  • Core: added some more high-level logging for starting/ending recordings.
  • Core: added support for logical channel numbers.
  • Core: added new setting for the number of minutes your server will wake up before an event (default 2).
  • Core: some small changes to ImportProgramOperation to hopefully fix duplicate programs issue with DVB-EPG.
  • Web Access: added UltiDev Cassini web server to the setup and allow the user to choose between IIS or Cassini installation for Web Access.
  • Web Access: search TV Guide now performs a search when you press the enter key.
  • MediaPortal UI: fixed problem in zapping code that could lead to a "no free card" error when a card-swap was needed.
  • MediaPortal UI: client now correctly keeps track of the current program during live TV.
  • MediaPortal UI: optimized GetCurrentAndNext... operations, mini-guide is a lot faster now.
  • MediaPortal UI: now opens the real TV guide from fullscreen instead of the overlay one to avoid issues.
  • MediaPortal UI: some small tweaks to better remember the last-watched position.
  • MMC: added simple command-line support to the Management Console: {tcp|https} <servername> [<port>]. If port is not set the default is used for the given transport.
  • MMC: added "Sort By LCN" to TV channels and TV channel groups panels.
  • MMC: added "Visible On" and "Visible Off" buttons to TV channels panel.
  • MMC: it's now possible to multi-select and delete schedules.
  • MMC: pre- and post-recording times are now displayed as minutes instead of seconds.
  • MMC: added items to recordings popup menu to run a post processing command manually.
  • MMC: showing disk free/used space in the Recorded Programs panel.
  • IM-Bot: now notifies when a recording starts or stops (can be turned on/off with new notifications command).

jca

Portal Member
October 26, 2007
Amager
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
normaly mediaportal makes an xml files with tv description alongside the recording, when i use 4 the record i dont get the xml file. maybe 4 the record saves info in the ts file but what to do when you convert to another format i loose the xml information, descriptions of the recording. how do you guys solve this?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
When you use the export wizard from the Management Console you can choose to separate the information into a .4tr (xml) file.

Or you could write a little tool in C# using either the For The Record API to get the information from the core services, or using the Windows API by reading it directly from the .ts file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom