arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: Drames dropped in LiveTV

If RTSP is the problem then you probably have packet loss. Make sure you don't use WLAN and if you are using onboard LAN port (especially Realtek base ones) disable checksum offloading (both Rx & Tx) on the net card properties.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

If RTSP is the problem then you probably have packet loss. Make sure you don't use WLAN and if you are using onboard LAN port (especially Realtek base ones) disable checksum offloading (both Rx & Tx) on the net card properties.

Should people do that in general.

I have a realtek based onboard network card.

Which one is it that we should disable?

I have both IPV4 checksum offload, tcp checksum offload and udp checksum offload.

regards
    Mylle

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009

Should people do that in general.

I have a realtek based onboard network card.

Which one is it that we should disable?

I have both IPV4 checksum offload, tcp checksum offload and udp checksum offload.

regards
    Mylle

As this refers to RTSP I guess you only need to disable IPV4 Checksum offload. The other settings refer to different transport protocols, TCP and UDP. I stand to be corrected on this. :)

I disabled the IPV4 setting, on server and client and this seems to have fixed the problem for me. :D

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    RTSP uses TCP for initiation a session (using SDP) then uses UDP to transfer the actual stream data. Both can be affected and IIRC it is the TCP/UDP checksum that is buggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom