Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Drames dropped in LiveTV

I think he's using the <Shift><1> key sequence on a system using Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) instead of Video Mixing Renderer 9 (VRM 9). (e.g. Vista/Win-7 versus traditional WinXP). The image he posted was a cropped screenshot command he captured using the <F11> "shortcut" key.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Drames dropped in LiveTV

Thx guys, didn't know that feature.

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Just managed to solve this issue myself, although what I've found is only applicable to a multiseat environment. I'd accidently enabled the wireless on the client machine so a wireless connection was being used instead of the wired LAN. After disabling the wireless adapter I found that the discontinuities dropped to almost none. I've since removed a switch from the network to ensure the number of hops from client to server is as low as I can get it. *So far* the wife and kids have not noticed any more stuttering in SD or HD tv using my ION client.
    Been a long time since I looked at any network stuff but I was wondering if anyone knows whether the NALU code is UDP or TCP based?
    Strangely I've never noticed the stuttering on any of my laptops which using wireless so maybe the problem is with an nVidia drivers.

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country

I am also experiencing dropped frames only in LiveTV with MP 1.1.

With some investigation, I believe that the issue has less to do with the playback graph, and more with the TSWriter side. Recording has no problems with the Program Reference Clock jumping forward, but it does when timeshifting. I've tried adjusting the task priorities, and using the same and different folders.

I attached a full log dump, but also two short log snippets for the TSWriter when recording (that's fine) and timeshifting (drops frames). The differences I see are when the SetVideoAudioObserver call is made, and the presence of timeshift pausing.

Any ideas?

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country

With some investigation, I believe that the issue has less to do with the playback graph, and more with the TSWriter side. Recording has no problems with the Program Reference Clock jumping forward, but it does when timeshifting. I've tried adjusting the task priorities, and using the same and different folders.

I attached a full log dump, but also two short log snippets for the TSWriter when recording (that's fine) and timeshifting (drops frames). The differences I see are when the SetVideoAudioObserver call is made, and the presence of timeshift pausing.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm using WinXP with VMR, only one monitor (I've tried both 30 and 60Hz), and while I have a second wireless card disabling made no difference.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Any ideas?

PCR jumps aren't related to timeshifting / recording. Those are detected earlier than any recording / timeshifting separation is done in code level.

I would assume that playback itself causes some trouble. Would be worth to check if there are some badly behaving drivers: DPC Latency Checker

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country

Any ideas?

PCR jumps aren't related to timeshifting / recording. Those are detected earlier than any recording / timeshifting separation is done in code level.

I would assume that playback itself causes some trouble. Would be worth to check if there are some badly behaving drivers: DPC Latency Checker

I also felt that this could somehow be IRQ related, but the DPC latency looks good (<300us worst). Using other software (AverTV, BeyondTV) there is no problem timeshifting. And in my test above I am recording and playing back simultaneously.

tatch76

Portal Member
    January 23, 2009
    Home Country

any chance this could be hard drive related?

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country

any chance this could be hard drive related?

That was also one of my first thoughts. I've tried using the same, and different, hard drives for the timeshifting buffer and recording folder. Similarly, any AV software is ignoring these folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom