Self compiled tv-server ?

Simone

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: Drames dropped in LiveTV

New logs with plugins disabled

Only EVR.log shows dropped frames, nothing odd in the other logs -> most likely a performance issue. Please provide system information.

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008

Code:
    tvserver_install_1.0.5.0_2010-02-21_13-48-49.log

Simone

No - Wouldn't even know how to do it.
    I have TV server installed om my win2003 server and connect to it from my mediacenter pc.

tourettes:
    I can't see how this could be a performance problem since I can run full HD movies without problems streamed form the same server at the tv-server is installed on. It is only live TV with dropped frames and it's not only HDtv but SDtv too (SD is watchable, HD is not)
    Also I didn't have the problem before RC1 - I could watch HD tv without any problems
    But see my system specs in my profile - I do my best to keep it updated

dumbo79

Portal Member
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Code:
    tvserver_install_1.0.5.0_2010-02-21_13-48-49.log

Simone

No - Wouldn't even know how to do it.
    I have TV server installed om my win2003 server and connect to it from my mediacenter pc.

tourettes:
    I can't see how this could be a performance problem since I can run full HD movies without problems streamed form the same server at the tv-server is installed on. It is only live TV with dropped frames and it's not only HDtv but SDtv too (SD is watchable, HD is not)
    Also I didn't have the problem before RC1 - I could watch HD tv without any problems
    But see my system specs in my profile - I do my best to keep it updated

It's same for me, HD movies no problem. It's only problem with live TV (both SD and HD). I do not think it's a performance problem, before I run MP I use dvbviewer and it's was no problem with stuttering and dropped frames.

BR,
    Micke

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Drames dropped in LiveTV

I have the same here: Choppy HD TV picture (and only HD - SD works fine) with temporary artifacts. TSReader log shows video and audio discontinoutiy errors, but signal strength and quality is 100% for both FireDTV DVB-C cards. I use the latest core.dll and I am using quite powerful PCs as server and client (core I7 / 8GB RAM / 2008 x64 on server and AMD X2 5600 / 2GB RAM / ATI 2600XT / Win 7 32bit).As HD TV just started to be broadcasted one week ago on our cable network I can not say that this problem was introduced with RC1. I will install the MP 1.0 again tonight which ran for almost one year without any issues (even for my wife) and then see if I have the same issues or if the drops are RC1 related only.

I am also getting the error (with the new core.dll and without) that after some time of watching TV I get some artifacts. I need to timeshift back and forth and then the picture is ok again. This just fyi.

EDIT: I attach the related logs, I started recording and watching with 10mins timeshift the TV Programm "Das Erste" at around 20:10h.

Update: I moved both Server and Client back to MP 1.0.2. Result: only very few discontinuity Errors, but no more artifacts and no more stuttering on HD. I even recorded and watched two HD channels at the same time. All I have is late frames, see log: TSReader.rar

Seems that MP 1.1.0 is more sensitive to those discontinuity errors?

Attachments

• TsReader.rar
      30.6 KB

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

wupperi,

Are discontinuities always present after you jump back ?
    Could you provide a recording sample with discontinuities ?

What are video/audio codecs used ?

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Drames dropped in LiveTV

Are discontinuities always present after you jump back ?
    as far as I recall yes. I don't know if this is two seperate issues, discontinouities happen all the time, the artifacts which I can eliminate by timeshifting do happen from time to time, mainly after 15-20mins viewing.

Could you provide a recording sample with discontinuities ?
    I re-installed RC1 just now with original core.dll, seeing less discontinuities but still there, will test with posted new one as well and provide sample asap within this thread.

What are video/audio codecs used ?
    Happens on all I have installed (Gabest, Microsoft DTS and PDVD9)

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Pls find the two requested files attached. The drops in the TS are towards the end.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Drames dropped in LiveTV

Pls find the two requested files attached. The drops in the TS are towards the end.

TS file itself seems to have those discontinuities. So MP core.dll wont affect the issue at all (it is placebo that changing the version makes any difference to the results). If there are some code changes (which I doubt) that cause the issue they must be in tv server side.

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I actually got myself a TechnoTrend card ordered should arrive tomorrow to see if this is a driver problem. Although I don't think as on 1.0.2 I didn't have the discontinuity errors. What I saw however this morning (on 1.0.2) was that once every while on HD I am loosing an Audio frame, which gives an "audible micro stutter".

Now back on RC1 I also changed my service priority of TVService to real time -> no change.

What else can I do to support in problem finding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom