wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Drames dropped in LiveTV

Will do tonight. I shall revert afterwards.

Direct cable from NT to DVB card, 2nd card powered on -> 2-3 discontinuities per 5mins
    Direct cable from NT to DVB card, 2nd card powered on -> 2 discontinuities per 15 mins

The difference might be random.

I connected the direct lead from the NT to the distributor again (which is a -5,7 db 3-way distributor) but left my 2nd card powered off.

Two things left to do:

a) replace cable from NT to my 19" cage
    b) get an amplifier and let it burn, baby :)

If I only had a signal analyzer, but these are bloody expensive for a one time measurement.

Any more ideas anybody?

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Drames dropped in LiveTV

And to make it even more mysterious please see the two logs:

The one shows extreme discontinuity errors after 10 mins of watching - the other one showed 20+ mins with just 1 at 22:44.

Same hardware setup (Client, Server, single DVB-C card), same wiring (via my 3 way distributor), same channel (ZDF HD).
    Only difference is the actual content they have shown. I wouldn't expect, 3m next to the NT, my signal quality to be changing that rapidly. So I am a bit doubtful that this is a signal quality issue.

On the other Hand tv.log Shows mysterious 24 Percent Signal quality and Link strenght for some channels, for some 36 and for some 100. But always quality and strength with the same numeric Value. When I do manual timeshifting or call up the DE Support Tool I get Full 100% on all channels.

Getting confused now.

Attachments

• TsReader-2010-03-17-disco after 10mins.txt
      30.7 KB
    • TsReader-2010-03-17-no probs.txt
      30.7 KB

chrholm

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: Drames dropped in LiveTV

I had a problem the other day with extreme discontinuity errors. I could get it working again for a short time if I restarted the TV server. I also messed around with the cables and signal amplifier, but could not nail down the problem.

Turned out the actual problem was my external DVB-C card that was getting to hot. I created some free air around it, which made the problems go away completely.

It's a long shot, but maybe you are having the same problem.

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Drames dropped in LiveTV

I had a problem the other day with extreme discontinuity errors. I could get it working again for a short time if I restarted the TV server. I also messed around with the cables and signal amplifier, but could not nail down the problem.

Turned out the actual problem was my external DVB-C card that was getting to hot. I created some free air around it, which made the problems go away completely.

It's a long shot, but maybe you are having the same problem.

I now:

a) replaced the TV Card
    b) replaced the cable from the NT to the distributor
    c) got an amplifier and installed behind the NT
    d) opened my server case to keep the cards cooler

--> no change.

Can this be already a problem of the cable company? How would I be able to nail this down?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi wupperi,

I've got the same issues as you have (dropped frames, discontinuity errors, blocks in hd). Looking for a solution for weeks now. Nothing seems to help.
    I recently bought a licence of dvbviewer. It works perfectly, no dropped frames here. So my guess is that it is not a problem of the signal (kabelbw) in my case.

Maybe the RC2 will solve it, but I am not that hopefull about it.

Luca

dumbo79

Portal Member
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

09-03-2010 16:04:56.497 [1710]Audio Continuity error... 9 ( prev 5 )
    09-03-2010 16:04:56.499 [1710]Video Continuity error... 0 ( prev 9 )
    09-03-2010 16:04:56.500 [1710]Video Continuity error... a ( prev 4 )
    09-03-2010 16:04:56.500 [1710]Audio Continuity error... 6 ( prev c )
    09-03-2010 16:04:56.506 [1554]Video Continuity error... 5 ( prev f )

Looks like a signal issue. Please upload a small recording that can be used to reproduce the dropped frames.

I have now invetsigated this a little bit more and I'm sure that it's not a signal issue. I have tried to run MP on another computer and there it's works ok, so it's no problem with the TV server. One thing I saw on the computer with dropped frame problem is that actual fps are very low (about 50% between the god and the bad computer"). Which you can see in the attached picture the actual fps is around 28 fps (should be 50).

Any idea of why it could be like this? It would be strange if it's a performance problem, because it's no problem to play HD movies.

Attachments

• low_fps.jpg
      low_fps.jpg
      372.4 KB

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I recently bought a licence of dvbviewer. It works perfectly, no dropped frames here. So my guess is that it is not a problem of the signal (kabelbw) in my case.

I will try to setup some TV viewer locally on my server and see if I see dropouts in its TV picture.

Motionaddict

Portal Member
    January 21, 2010
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I have now invetsigated this a little bit more and I'm sure that it's not a signal issue. I have tried to run MP on another computer and there it's works ok, so it's no problem with the TV server. One thing I saw on the computer with dropped frame problem is that actual fps are very low (about 50% between the god and the bad computer"). Which you can see in the attached picture the actual fps is around 28 fps (should be 50).

Any idea of why it could be like this? It would be strange if it's a performance problem, because it's no problem to play HD movies.

Try changing your refresh rate to 50Hz if possible. I once tried different refresh rates and I had similar stuttering with 60Hz, but 50Hz is pretty ok (with some occasional stutters) with around 25fps framerate.

dumbo79

Portal Member
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Try changing your refresh rate to 50Hz if possible. I once tried different refresh rates and I had similar stuttering with 60Hz, but 50Hz is pretty ok (with some occasional stutters) with around 25fps framerate.

It's get even worse with refresh rate 50 Hz, now the fps is pending between 17-30 fps.

Attachments

• 1980x1080 - 50Hz.jpg
      1980x1080 - 50Hz.jpg
      457.2 KB

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey dumbo,

which tool is that to meassure the frames?

Luca

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom