1.27.0 Freesat listings in the UK 2021 (1 Viewer)

riverboat2001

January 21, 2021
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So far banging my head at a brick wall seems about as painful as trawling and trawling millions of pages to get a working Freesat EPG in TV Server.
I'm screwed. Can't get cable tv where i live, can't afford a new DVBT aerial. I have Rokus over the house and now no epg.
Has anyone got a working UK epg that doesn't need a doctorate in computer programming?

I cannot be the only UK Freesat user out there!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Has anyone got a working UK epg for FreeSat
    I use DVB-T exclusively, and I have never used satellite TV, but my understanding is that there is a dedicated radio channel that carries the EPG info. You need to select that channel and only that channel as the source for the EPG. It has a name something like "Programme Information".

Also, you need to select the most suitable grabber for your needs (timeshifting or idle), and specify sensible timeouts. See this page in the Wiki.

Assuming that you have done the above, go to the "Manual Control" section in "TV Server Config", and click the "Refresh DVB EPG" button. This will cause an immediate refresh of the EPG. I don't know how long this takes for satellite. For DVB-T the total process takes about 30 minutes, varying from day to day (that is around 15 minutes actually receiving the EPG, and then another 15 minutes updating the SQL database).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

riverboat2001

January 21, 2021
    Home Country
    Thanks for that, i'll have a go at it in the morning.
    Currently throwing all sorts of solutions at this to get it working.
    Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom