Portal Pro
August 18, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmm in the Watchdog settings are three option:
  • Export only logs
  • Start with disabled plugins
  • Start with enabled plugins
I used the third one. Yesterday there was the crash again. Attached the log.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Again the same errors in your systemlog about wdmaud.drv
    You've tried several versions of MediaPortal, and they all result in the same problem, so something is wrong with your system.
    As stated before, you need to figure out what's crashing your system first, because this isn't leading anywhere.
    The last loglines are:
    [2014-01-21 19:57:14,371] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL)
    [2014-01-21 19:57:14,371] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: VSX-923
    [2014-01-21 19:57:14,371] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL)
    [2014-01-21 19:57:14,371] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: VSX-923
    The crash is Audiodriver related, and your receiver shows up in the last logs lines, so i would definitely look into that.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm ok. I could try a newer AMD Catalyst driver again.
    I will try to install the OS from scratch again.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Everything installed for new. Same problems :(
    After investing some time in problem search I think I found the main problem.

Recently I changed also my Receiver, on my old one the TV was directly connected to the HTPC and audio was connected via Toslink to the Receiver.
    Now the HTPC is connected via HDMI to the Receiver and the Receiver is connected to the TV.

While I start the hardware with my harmony everthing starts at once. So the HTPC is booting up while the receiver still has not booted up for 100%. So the HTPC thinks there is no audio device and so on the error is occuring.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @xadox
    Are you sure the receiver does the problem? I have pretty the same problem and also a pioneer vsx and a harmony. But my harmony starts the receiver + tv and I wake up the pc from standby with an other button (I think 1 or 2 seconds later) on the harmony. I also had the receiver in suspicion and changed some hdmi options (audio passthrough, energy opions, hdmi control of other devices), but no luck. But I also had situations there the htpc was a while started from standby and i connected via vnc and after a clicked on a titan homebutton mediaportal crashed.

Maybe you are anyway right. Because I never had the problem after going direct in Standby and direct waking up. Maybee the pioneer vsx have some deep standby, which is triggering the problem.

Have you found other places to look for the problem as posted before (Eventlog / Mediaportallogs)? The Mediaportallogs don't really help because the real crash is not logged at my part. The crash in Eventlog only indicates that something with audio is the problem.

Nevertheless thanks for posting, will wait more seconds before waking up htpc. Would be nice to hear from you, if you have solved the problem.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @xadox...The Mediaportallogs don't really help because the real crash is not logged at my part. The crash in Eventlog only indicates that something with audio is the problem.
    Absolutly same for me. No clue for the crash.

Now I am starting the HTPC manualy after the TV and the Receiver are started up.
    I have to check this for about a week now until to be sure.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And here the crash comes again :(
    This time the TV and the receiver already where on long time before the htpc.

Clean and fresh installed system. Using up to date drivers for Realtek LAN and AMD VGA + HDMI Audio.
    No other drivers where used. Since I think there are no real chipset drivers for the E350 Board.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The last errors in your logs are from 24-1 (when you enter moving pictures to play 'boogie nights').

The system log shows the crash from 29.01.2014 16:39:59
    Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe, Version: 1.6.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x52b77bd2 Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: wdmaud.drv, Version: 6.3.9600.16384, Zeitstempel: 0x52157928 Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005 Fehleroffset: 0x00013c5b ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xc48 Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cf1aca3963c1da Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\wdmaud.drv Berichtskennung: 9bc4056f-88fb-11e3-825e-002522b4d86c Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Last entries in the MediaPortal log:
    [2014-01-29 16:39:57,516] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #2
    [2014-01-29 16:39:57,517] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL)
    [2014-01-29 16:39:57,518] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #2
    [2014-01-29 16:39:58,178] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED)
    [2014-01-29 16:39:58,486] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED)

Well, not much new in your logs, although you seen to have had a running system till this morning?

I have to say that i'm also running into BSODs after resume on my system (Win 8.1), but those are driver related, and so seem yours....
    wdmaud.drv again.

Try running this tool:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have to say that i'm also running into BSODs after resume on my system (Win 8.1), but those are driver related, and so seem yours....
    wdmaud.drv again.

Why you are so sure that this is driver related? wdmaud.drv is "only" a mapper? If i'm right the system of xadox is beside of an AMD-Plattform different to mine. But i have the same error. If really the audio is the problem, than the hdmi audio driver of the onboard AMD card must be the failure. Because I also tested and deactived the onboard Sound of the mainboard in bios and deinstalled the driver of this. This neither helped. So for both plattforms and amd generations the driver must be bad? Even I had 3 different Catalyst installed on my system while this error occurs, 2 win 8.1 reinstallations and even some bios updates for this new plattform. And i didn't found similar behaviours for amd with wdmaud.drv in google.

Maybe something to do with win 8.1, if you also have problems on your intel plattform?

Btw. the past four days no crash. But this is this kind of voodoo you also had xadox i think ;)

Protokollname: Application
    Quelle: Application Error
    Datum: 25.01.2014 10:04:13
    Ereignis-ID: 1000
    Aufgabenkategorie:(100)
    Ebene: Fehler
    Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
    Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
    Computer: htpc
    Beschreibung:
    Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe, Version: 1.6.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x52ce8f27
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: wdmaud.drv, Version: 6.3.9600.16384, Zeitstempel: 0x52157928
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
    Fehleroffset: 0x00013c5b
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1204
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cf19312786941e
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\wdmaud.drv
    Berichtskennung: a8bd1bbc-859f-11e3-82d7-bc5ff4cd14d8
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom