Freeze after Standby (2 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Why you are so sure that this is driver related?
    wdmaud.drv = Windows audio class driver

Are you guys using the Rockstar plugin by any chance??

Or using the PowerScheduler plugin? If so >> is the checkbox on the bottom of the 'Client' tab (of PS configuration) checked or not?

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not use Rockstar or the PowerScheduler plugin.
    Somehow I am realy confused why the crash is only happening sometimes.

In my case the "AMD Auto Detect" program does not detect my hardware. But after some searching I found some chipset drivers, but theese are only for USB and AHCI. Nevertheless I also installed them now.

Edit:
    Here I some kind of similar problem.

Edit 2:
    Buglist.

Last edited:

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't use Rockstar, but I use the PowerScheduler plugin. The Option Unmute master volume ... is checked.

@HomeY you right it is a driver ;) , but one from Windows and if I look at the picture, I suppose that both parts can make a problem the application in user-mode and the vendor-supplied component in kernel mode. But ok I haven't skills at this topic.

@xadox Since I'm using the titanius skin, I didn't had crashes. I believe that this is the solution as much as I believe that it is a driver related issue, but maybe it is worth a try :). Your linked thread is interesting. I also saw this problem on my system, but really rare. Also it is not often, that I switch TV off and hear music.

After reading the thread: Maybe the problem is the shutdown and not the wake up? With the right shutdown order in the harmony options this could be a workaround. I think the htpc should be first, at the moment mine is tv -> htpc -> receiver. Will check this, if the next crash will come.

//edit
    Seems the order in shutdown in the harmony-settings is not changeable while in start it is. Annoying.

//edit2
    A solution for the shutdown order.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok seems I now can reproduce things. Had time to test a little bit. The option Stop playback on removal of an audio render was unchecked.

Here my test results:
    Stop playback on removal of an audio render checked:
    After turning TV-Device off. Sound is keeping playing (why?). If I turn TV-Device on, sound stops, and sometimes a crash occurs as described in this thread.

Stop playback on removal of an audio render unchecked:
    After turning TV-Device off. Sound is keeping playing. If I turn TV-Device on sound and picture comes in heavy struggle. Only a manually stop can help. In TV part I could stop and after some seconds I can look TV normally as before.

In music part that is not so funny:
    After turning TV-Device off. Sound is keeping playing. If I turn TV-Device on sound comes in a endless loop. I must try often to stop the music. Mostly it is only successfull if change to start screen. One time the system also get a blue screen and made a reboot.

I will keep the unchecked version, because I always stop all playback before I send the pc in standby and I didn't had problems the last days.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The option "Stop playback on removal of an audio render" makes no difference for me.
    Crash keeps occuring randomyl after resume.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have switched hardware config for testing purposes. Now the HTPC is directly connected to the TV instead of looping it through the AVR.
    No crash for around 2 weeks now.

ofh

Portal Member
    April 14, 2006
    @xadox Sounds interesting, if bypassing the av-reciever helps ?!
    Is the solution to use toslink for audio instead, and HDMI diret to TV ???
    Br
    OFH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom