Freezing/Jerky Menu Navigation (1 Viewer)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Yes, I am aware of that - But I would guess that many people will make the "Default" installation with the Mediaportal Installer.

This includes the TV-server/client. My guess is that many users make the full installation although they do not use the TV Engine. (Me and maybe some others in this thread)

These users will experience this bug.............and as you can see by the older posts, we are already a couple of "newbs" that ran into this issue.

It was only because i looked at the 1.0.1 bugs thread that I got a clue on, what was wrong. Else i would have thought it was a completely other error.

Either you should force the user to setup up the TV-server SQL engine/service in the installer, when they choose the "full" installation.

Or then "just" remove the bug - So that users which won't touch the TV-engine, will run fine as before.

Another issue I had( Do not know if any other has experienced this?)
    Futhermore I needed to reboot my computer, before i could get the Tv-service up and running. I could not start It manually under "services.msc"

The Installation does not recommend you to reboot your computer, after installation has finished. That cause my startup of Mediaportal to hang a lot in "starting up Tv-service"

Besides the above "fix", my install is up and running :0)

/Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom