Fresh MP 1.7 Install - All TV Channel numbers displayed as "10000" (1 Viewer)

ctrlz

Portal Member
April 15, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I just did a completely fresh install of the 1.7 pre-release on my Win8.1 machine. I'm using a DVB-S2 tuner card and all channels have been imported fine, plus EPG works OK.

However, every channel number is listed as "10000". I usually sort by channel number so this isn't ideal.

I've seen the same issue logged for previous versions but not the 1.7 release.

I've attached a screenshot and the current logs. The logs were captured after the channel import was done so not sure if they will be useful or not.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    37 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome ctriz :)

However, every channel number is listed as "10000". I usually sort by channel number so this isn't ideal.
    This is consistent with TV Server's behaviour when it doesn't find the channel numbers.
    Are you able to provide us with a TS dump from one of the transponders?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/4_Development/Debugging/TS_Dumps
    (Enable the debug option, timeshift any one of the channels for at least 40 seconds, then upload the dump file to our FTP server.)

This is the only way for me (being in New Zealand) to check the contents of the broadcast stream and see why TV Server wouldn't find the channel numbers.

mm

ctrlz

Portal Member
    April 15, 2014
    Home Country
    No problem, I've uploaded the raw packet dump file. Thanks!

ctrlz

Portal Member
    April 15, 2014
    Home Country
    There's a .ts and a .txt file with the name:

"uk_freesat(astra)_10788000_S_bbc-one-wales_FTA"

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The TS dump doesn't contain channel numbers in any supported format.
    Did you scan for channels or import the channels?
    Have you previously used DJBlu or miroslav's TV Server extensions?

ctrlz

Portal Member
    April 15, 2014
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay replying, I think I didn't notice the email notification because you responded so quickly after Vasilich. My bad!

I configured TVServer as per the instructions at http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup . So I scanned for channels on each tuner card in the TV Servers -> Server section.

I don't know which other extensions you're referring to. I've used TVServer before in a previous version of MediaPortal, but for this install I just started from fresh (new PC, new OS, no import of previous MediaPortal config).

The only plugin I have for TVServer is WebEPG.

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I configured TVServer as per the instructions at http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup . So I scanned for channels on each tuner card in the TV Servers -> Server section.
    Okay. There is no configuration that would cause you to either get or not get channel numbers. Its entirely down to whether your provider (eg. Freesat, BSkyB etc.) broadcasts the details, and whether the details are in a format that TV Server understands.

I don't know which other extensions you're referring to.
    Okay, that makes things simpler. :)

I've used TVServer before in a previous version of MediaPortal, but for this install I just started from fresh (new PC, new OS, no import of previous MediaPortal config).
    Right, so to be clear, what is the correct scenario:
    1. TV Server grabbed channel numbers automatically for you in the past (when using previous versions of MediaPortal), and you're not getting those channel numbers automatically now, OR...
    2. TV Server has never grabbed channel numbers automatically for you now or in the past... but you'd like it to.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom