FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual (1 Viewer)

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Hi,

Finally got around to installing mine, and also updated to RC3.

I can get the Dual 2 card to work but Dual 1 doesn't seem to tune any stations, do I need to run graphedit? and figure out the inputs or however it works?

Just wanted to know whether you guys had yours working 100% before I started hacking the config files around.

Ta Mark

Abraxsus

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Im not sure what the deal is. I've done a clean install of RC3, it autotunes well and everything seems ok, but then I have the dreaded 'no signal' no matter what channel I try.
If Fusion HDTV works fine, surely MP should too? Anyway, I think I'll just use Fusion and wait for the next full realease before trying again :(, sad cause MP is potentially so good.

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Abraxsus said:
Im not sure what the deal is. I've done a clean install of RC3, it autotunes well and everything seems ok, but then I have the dreaded 'no signal' no matter what channel I try.
If Fusion HDTV works fine, surely MP should too? Anyway, I think I'll just use Fusion and wait for the next full realease before trying again :(, sad cause MP is potentially so good.

Did you try tuning from within the config tool or in the wizard, mine works ok in MP as long as I only have one card installard in the config tool.

Abraxsus

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
I've tried both config and the wizard, usually with one (the PCI) but have attempted the bluebird too. Tuning works great, gets all the channels it should be getting, I just cant watch any when I go into MP. :?

Abraxsus

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Oh my gawd, I've gotta smack myself in the head :oops: I couldnt let it go so I setup media protal again, and its working. Here's the kicker, I think i assumed it wasnt working before, I got used to the quicker channel changes etc with Fusion HDTV, I think I didnt wait long enough when trying the channels! WAAAAGGHHH!!

Paint me an idiot.

Anyway, using graphedit I have different pins to what is in the default capturecarddefinitions file, changing those is the difference between no signal and good signal when watching TV (as you would expect).

Mind you, in the tutorial etc I have seen here:
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/dokuw/install/capturecards/start?rev=1133780040
It shows pin 5 going to 'sections and tables', for me I have I think 3 pins going to a 'Media Portal' device ('sections and tables' is not rendered for me), so Im making an assumption on what I need to set the last pin number to in the definitions file.

Anyway, still plugging along. Any of you have recording and watching at the same time working perfectly?

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
For me Dual 1 works perfectly, I've had it running stable for a couple of weeks now, but if I delete Dual 1 and add Dual 2 (bluebird) I can't get more than a few seconds of video.

So I got graphedit and had a go with that to see if I could figure out if the pins were correct, but I get random results depending on what I do.

i.e. first I just added Dual 1 (Fusion HDTV) this was the result
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=singledual1only4nq.png

Then I added Dual 2 (Bluebird) this was the result
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=singledual2only7ub.png

But then I got curious and removed all the pins and reconnected Dual 1 (Fusion HDTV) this was the result
http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=singledual1afterfirstmap6eg.png

Then for sh1ts and giggles I added another MS DVBT provider and added them both Dual 1 and 2 and this was the result
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graph1bz.png

:shock: to be honest I don't have a clue what graphedit does or how it works so these results could very well make a lot of sense just looks totall strange to me.

Also I notice in my results that I don't have any references to "BDA" stuff, could it be that I have installed the wrong drivers?

Abraxsus

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Interesting, we'll your's should definately be 2,3,5 in the definitions file. Yours at least matches what the tutorial suggests. :D. With the bluebird not working, try using the external usb cable if you havent already, plenty of people (including me) had issues with the internal cable, and that proved to be the problem. Does PIP work correctly with your FusionHDTV software?

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, currently using the internal cable will try the external one later today, because there was a point initially were I had it working and I have a feeling it would've been via the external cable.

What issues did you have with the internal cable? can they be resolved?

I've never installed the Fusion software only the drivers, maybe I'll try that as well.

What is the media portal stream analyzer?

Ta Robo

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Ahhh hahhahahahaahahaaa It works!!! :D

I just disconnected the internal header and used the external port.

I LOVE MP, AND THIS COMMUNITY!!

Thanks Abraxsus, I now have 2 tuners recording perfect, just needs the time test.

Abraxsus

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Glad it works for you :D.

I understand the issue to be that many boards dont supply quite enough power to internal sockets like they do for external ones. There has also been a couple of reports of the pins being wrong for some people.

Great to hear its working well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom