Gapless Playback (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Give what a try? We already know that MediaPortal's Music player doesn't do gapless playback properly.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As i said before, gapless playbeck is working with my setup fine!

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    In that case can you provide a sample? Also a video showing it working would be nice because I find it hard to believe.

The samples I provided earlier are clearly correct for gapless playback because they work in Foobar. If you open them in an audio editor you'll also see they match perfectly.

Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now i'm completely confused and i get headache from testing. Some files are working fine, but the attached 1Khz testtones should also work, but they don't :eek:

Attachments

• Video.rar
      35.3 MB

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I wonder if the gap is disguised in that particular track transition. Can't be sure.

For the two sample tracks I uploaded earlier, using the version of MediaPortal from page 4 (1.4.0-28), there's a clear jump when the strings kick in that shouldn't be there (as evidenced during playback in Foobar). Here's examples of what I mean:

MediaPortal - jump at 10 s, not proper gapless playback
    What it should sound like - seamless transition between the tracks

The fixed behaviour of fade in/out improves things a lot compared to 1.4.0 Final (particularly with videos funnily enough) but if it's not gapless, it's not gapless. :)

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    This link has a test file (MP3 + CUE). The Bass player should display all the track names and playback should be gapless. Tested in Foobar and everything works correctly.

http://douganator.co.nz/files/GaplessSample.rar

Hope this can be helpful.
    That's a painfully slow download.

Anyway, I tried playing a few tracks and they did not play gaplessly in MediaPortal 1.4.0-28 from this thread. So it doesn't matter if one uses a CUE sheet or separate files.

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Hmmm was playing music last night and noticed my 5.1 files were outputting as stereo using BASS player. No idea why, all I know is it was working the last time I tried it, which was with 1.4.0-16 (I'm using 1.4.0-28 from this thread now). Has anything happened during the gapless playback changes that could've caused this?

Does anyone else have surround music working properly? I have Windows set to 4.0 and my AVR says it's receiving 4.0 but the rear channels are blank for 5.1 music files so it seems like BASS is downmixing to 2.0 rather than 4.0. Films with 5.1/7.1 are downmixed to 4.0 properly by LAV Filters. :(

Might just use Foobar instead and be done with it. :unsure:

Last edited:

mp.user

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd love to see native support for gapless playback in MP!

I just upgraded from MP 1.2.1 to MP 1.4.0; I used PureAudio for gapless playback, but the latest stable version seems to be incompatible (MP Configuration crashed when entering the plugins area). A recompiled version works better, but does not work with DirectSound. So there's no option for gapless playback at all... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom