DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ok. A first try.
Everyone who needs Gapless Playback should try this and report back results:
http://tinyurl.com/ploy8yw

It is a full installer based on MP 1.4 with changes made to how Gapless Playback is handled
Thanks, I'll give it a try this evening. Should I make a new thread for the other bug (96 kHz playing too fast)?

Well it isn't enough to just set everything to zero.
Some other things need to be done as well to make this work.
Heh, I'm sure. I know very little about the MediaPortal code.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Nope, there's still a gap between tracks in both BASS and WASAPI modes. Do you want a couple of sample files, @hwahrmann?

Last edited:

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
Nope, there's still a gap between tracks in both BASS and WASAPI modes. Do you want a couple of sample files, @hwahrmann?

Same for me in both modes. In fact, when it changes track I get a small gap and a small amount of the previous track.

Thanks heaps for looking into this issue. Love ya work ;-)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Has it changed? is the gap different than previously?

Yes, some sample files would be helpful.

I am away now for 1 week of vacation and then another week for business trip, so i won't work on this before the end of the month.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country

Has it changed? is the gap different than previously?

Yes, some sample files would be helpful.

I am away now for 1 week of vacation and then another week for business trip, so i won't work on this before the end of the month.
    Hard to tell whether the gap length has changed because they used to fade-out and fade-in, but that's fixed in your test version.

Attached are two tracks that should seamlessly join with gapless playback, along with a file where they've been combined so you can hear what it should sound like.

By the way this thread gives a lot of hints as to how gapless playback should be implemented in the BASS engine.

Attachments

• Gapless Playback Samples.zip
      2.8 MB
    Last edited:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for the files. i will have a look at them later on.

Believe me, i have gone already through all those threads. :)

At the moment it looks like that i am loosing the time between the end of the song and the creating of the next song.
    Seems i need to look into some pre-buffering.

Pure Audio uses it's own ring buffer for playback. i had a look at this implementation as well, but found it far too complicated to maintain.
    I will re-evaluate that, when i have time for development again.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for the files. i will have a look at them later on.

Believe me, i have gone already through all those threads. :)

At the moment it looks like that i am loosing the time between the end of the song and the creating of the next song.
    Seems i need to look into some pre-buffering.
    Yeah the next track has to be pre-loaded in some way before the current track ends. Presumably the best time to do this is when the entire currently playing track has been buffered.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @TranceManNZ, @DragonQ

May i ask you, how you rip your musicfiles? I ask, because i have spend a lot of time to get gapless playback working here and now it works like a chrme. I am listening nearly completely to classical music and for this perfect gapless playback is prerequisite. A long time i have used flac-images with cuesheet, but now it works with single files. For testing I would like to propose the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64. Between the first and second movement there is only the basson playing a note. If you like to test this violin concerto, please let me know!

Best regards
    Helios

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I use EAC after going through the basic setup. Once the offset is set-up correctly (which is done automatically if you give it a few CDs for testing), then the resulting FLACs will match the AccurateRip database and will play correctly without gaps in Foobar out-of-the-box.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, EAC secure mode. Then please try to rip an image with cuesheet. After that split the image with cuetools. Please give it a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom