Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin (1 Viewer)

medaust

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Home Country
number keys changed

Hi All, after using this pluggin, the number keys have been changed. When I press '3', it will come up with '33', same with all the other numbers. I use the number keys to select the TV channels very often, How can I fix this? Thanks

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Key input delay

While Mediaportal is active in the background, with this plugin enabled, all normal keystrokes from my keyboard are delayed in windows! When typing, it's like the letters are appearing one by one with a small delay between them (like 1/3 sec) so very annoying :rolleyes: With the plugin disabled in config everything works fine..
Any idea what could be causing this?

...did somebody find out the reason of this behavior?
In general it seems, that if "Generic Keyboard Remote Input Plugin" is enabled, all keystrokes are a little bit delayed :(

fullerms

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
Hi All, after using this pluggin, the number keys have been changed. When I press '3', it will come up with '33', same with all the other numbers. I use the number keys to select the TV channels very often, How can I fix this? Thanks

I have the same problem, except that I get '333' when I press 3. Same goes for any other number I press.

Details:

MP version: 1.0.1
Keyboardplugin version 2.

:D

Jellax

Portal Member
April 26, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Harmony 525 problem

I have this setup. A Harmony 525 and a usbreveiver called xpc-rc01.

I´m trying to get it working. I have made new buttons for all the commands in the plugin config, I "learned" the keystroke and mapped the action. I also Entered the device in Logitechs software.

But what now?

How do i connect the buttons in MP´s config with the butons in Logitech software?
I have set MP up so I can start it with ctrl+alt+p but how can I add this command to a button?

When I look at the keyboard.xml, nothing changes when I add new buttons int MP config, how do I update it?

Nitro2u

May 20, 2009

I have the same problem, except that I get '333' when I press 3. Same goes for any other number I press.

Details:

MP version: 1.0.1
Keyboardplugin version 2.

:D

Just throwing an idea out there.....

Have you two tried going into your bios and changing the speed for your keyboard. Windows has a setting for this as well. Give it a try and let us know the results please and thank you.

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have been using this plugin for 6mths. What I have learned so far

Windows 7 is different, my MCE remote did not work with windows 7 (no plugin here just some info as MS changed something). I did not persue it as I use XP.

I leave the keyboard shortcuts in MP config, initially this was taken out and seems to cause bother see other thread postings. It works fine for me if you leave em in. Infact thats where the number keys come from for my remote SL 6399 I suspect.

I do not add number keys to the plugin, just did a reinstall yesterday and started with the default Keyboard.xml file from the download page (also the DLL). Then learned each button and added no extra's. I suspect the code is not perfect so it may be possible to muck up your xml file. Try a new one it only takes 5mins.

It works fine for my SL 6399 but I would also look at skins if you have navigation issues. I use MP 1.02 and Xface 1.8 and its faultless so far. Even the number keys in the video menu skip to the letter you want, this was reported as not working in another post.

Hope this helps you guys.

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How about going in control panel and make the repeat delay longer and slow down the repeat rate? This could help.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am also haveing the strange delay situation while running the plugin. When I exit mediaportal everything is back to normal.

I do undertand why this might be the case but there must be a way for the plugin to disable it's self when mediaportal has lost focus... This is not too annoying, just a but ashaim. Thank you.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have to say this plug-in is exactly what I'm looking for... Basically IRSS does not have HID support so what I required was a plug-in that would let me control MP using IMON but still have full functionality of a remote via using a keyboard... Brilliant...

But.... Here it comes... Some very very very strange behavour with my keyboard since running this..

First off I noticed it was almost like my keys were getting stuck... For instance, I go to use Flip3D windows task switcher and instead of releasing from the 3d effect when you let go of "Windows" + "Tab" it would just stay there

Even more strange, once terminating Mediaportal I would still get this strange behavour... But even worse so, now I seem to be missing whole entire keys off my keyboard.. For instance it just took me a good ten minutes to regain control of the full alphabet... Certain keys like B,C,T,X were all just not responding... Keep in mind this is once MP has actuallly been completely closed..

This is really ashaim, loving what this plug-in has offered me but the fact it is rendering any thing outside of MP useless is of great concern... I would give logs but there is no logs to give, any ideas any one???

Sorry for all the posts.. Found some thing interesting... It seems that it is the Windows Start button that is getting stuck on exit... Not always.. It just seems when the plugin exit's it does not terminate all the keys correctly...

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Found another issue... This one quite a biggie, I resolved mostly the other bugs, just by writing a script that would press Windows, CTRL and ALT is serial after MP had exited, this would just reset the problimatic keys...

But this one is a biggie.. It seems the plug-in occasionally dies while running MP, especially when watching video.. I use ffdShow for video upscaling and I believe the system is thinking it is loosing focus when it is not... This happens to me on most videos that use external processing..

Please please please any one I do not want to have to revert to a shitty press button get one action only kind of remote... This plugin is brilliant and it really just a few small bugs that are driving me nuts...!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom