Operating System Get 8 pcs Win7 Pro licences and more for $19 (1 Viewer)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I can also confirm that reinstalling on the same hardware with the same key does work. I screwed up my partitions big time and decided to reinstall instead of trying to fix it.

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
i just entered the info and am awaiting approval,
however i noticed it is 19usd per year
do you guys eliminate the accoutn after downloading the software ?

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
I don't, hoping they will release a few more licenses, and server 2008 r2 is in the coming :D But there's no reason to stay as a member, else than hoping for more software to come. It's not that expensive :p

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    you should install the OS with the key, activate it and then make an Image of it with a bootable CD. You can restore the naked fresh OS within 10 minutes if you scew it up. You have to activate again only if you change hardware (CPU or Harddrive or Motherboard)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok guys, seems like the fun is over. ACM does not offer Win7 licenses anymore. Those of you who already got licenses can relax and enjoy it ;)

Dear Students,

This is a heads-up that Windows 7 Final Release has been taken out of the Microsoft Developer Academic Alliance package offered to ACM Student Members. Windows 7 Beta remains. There has been a very large influx of NON-computing students joining ACM to just get Windows 7. Windows 7 Beta remains.

The Developer AA package is really JUST for computing-type students. Microsoft offers another package Dream Spark to all non-computing students. So, it looks like the viral nature of the net has, "yes," told lots of students about this offer, and, "no," we don't want every student.

I encourage you to check our ACM Student Membership for "real." It is a great bargain -through the Developer AA Package there's still a lot fo software for free, and, you can also download Sun and CA stuff. And, you are eligible for e-mentoring, a digital edition of Communications of the ACM (that's really "hot"), Crossroads, etc., etc.

Have a look: Membership — Association for Computing Machinery

Lillian Israel
    ACM Director of Membership

I heard that IEEE offers a similar deal for $32, but i haven't tried this myself and will not guarantee what they might offer.

EDIT: See this link for more info about IEEE http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790514

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Just use the link I posted.

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    Ok guys, seems like the fun is over. ACM does not offer Win7 licenses anymore. Those of you who already got licenses can relax and enjoy it ;)

Dear Students,

This is a heads-up that Windows 7 Final Release has been taken out of the Microsoft Developer Academic Alliance package offered to ACM Student Members. Windows 7 Beta remains. There has been a very large influx of NON-computing students joining ACM to just get Windows 7. Windows 7 Beta remains.

The Developer AA package is really JUST for computing-type students. Microsoft offers another package Dream Spark to all non-computing students. So, it looks like the viral nature of the net has, "yes," told lots of students about this offer, and, "no," we don't want every student.

I encourage you to check our ACM Student Membership for "real." It is a great bargain -through the Developer AA Package there's still a lot fo software for free, and, you can also download Sun and CA stuff. And, you are eligible for e-mentoring, a digital edition of Communications of the ACM (that's really "hot"), Crossroads, etc., etc.

Have a look: Membership — Association for Computing Machinery

Lillian Israel
    ACM Director of Membership

I heard that IEEE offers a similar deal for $32, but i haven't tried this myself and will not guarantee what they might offer.

EDIT: See this link for more info about IEEE [Comp] IEEE.org MSDNAA Access for 32$US (10xWindows 7, Vista, XP) [Students only] - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom