Operating System Get 8 pcs Win7 Pro licences and more for $19 (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
I entered my info, like most of them, but haven't heard anything yet....

Btw, from what I've read its up to 6 licenses now.

EDIT: Is there an ACM forum?

- Guess they have to check it first.
- Yepp, there's also Chinese traditional, x86 and x64 ;)
- I'm not sure, is there anything that you can't finr here?

Just entered my Students ID and Advicers name. Its 2 years old though, but it was a genuine Student ID.
So now I'm waiting. I can't find anything about the "Opt in" option, and nowhere does it say that something is pending.

I am not sure what to do now about this. Maybe just wait a bit?
I'm not sure, since this is a new procedure since i became a memeber. But is your payment accepted, or withdrawn from your account (not reserved) yet? If not, then that's probably why. You can't search for MSDN AA membership until your payment is accepted...

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    SHame that it's likely no longer possible. However, it reminds me of a similar opportunity I saw a few weeks back. You could get legit licenses for all that stuff but you needed to be in China and in a Chinese university. The forum I was reading gave instructions on using a proxy in China and gave a list of student IDs, for those not in China. Some people had problems with it (due to the proxies timing out) but I know for a fact that it was working fine for some ;)

*cough* fo ru ms .m yd ig it al li fe .i nf o/ sh ow th re ad .p hp ?t =3 11 3 *cough

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just checked the site today, and now I got the "Opt in" button. So I checked it and clicked the button. Now i just have to wait again, they say within 48 Hours.

Still not really expecting this to actually work, but one can always hope.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    if you don't have it by tomorrow morning, i think there's no hope. But i do think it will work, especially for us outside of USA, because it would require so much for them to check each and every foreign students status. Maybe they'll take a few samples, and actually check one in a thousand, and see how things are.

BTW, it's expanded from 6 to 8 Win7Pro licenses now, and i expect 2 more to come (German versions).

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, I suppose that I am now passed the point of them actually checking something. It seems now that i have been accepted, and its just a matter of them creating an account and giving me a license. At least thats how i understand it.

So either my 3 year old student number and councellor name passed their checkup or they did not check it at all.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just got the mail (and was on my way here to post in, when I saw there were a new post in the topic).
    I am at work now, so I can't test it but it seems that it is working.

Just one thing I noticed when reading their FAQ:

Q: Does the license (or "key") permanently unlock the software?
    A: No - the key allows you to install the software once. If you need to re-install the software, you will need to contact the PA (Program Administrator) at your school. Your PA's contact email information can be found in the support page. To view this information, please click on the Support button above.

So it seems we can only install the software once, and after this we have to get a new key. Never heard of Windows License keys working that way.
    Even stranger, another place in the FAQ it says:

Q: Can I install my software on two computers at once?
    A: Yes, as long as you are the owner of both computers and both are being used for instructional purposes. NOTE: If you require another key for a product you must contact the PA (program administrator) at your school. Your PA's contact email information can be found in the support page. Click on the Support button above. Also, friends, family and colleagues not currently enrolled in a course that is part of an MSDNAA department are not allowed to access or use the software available from this website. (For examples of appropriate usage see: Content not found)

So I can only install the software with the key one time, but I am allowed to install on as many computers as I'd like? It seems a bit odd. Of course, all of this is to stop "free-rollers" like ourselves from getting the good stuff.
    Looks like we have to install, and then take an image of the disc so that we can reinstall without getting a new key.

Also, I am unsure what windows versions to download and how many I can download.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You can use your keys on which ever version you want, no matter which language or x86/x64. I've only download x64 English myself, and then added Norwegian language pack (Norwegian instructions, guess it's easy to google englis instructions too.)

I haven't tried to activate after same license twice yet, but i guess it''s no problem as long as you haven't changed any hardware. And if you did, then you might have to call MS, and they'll help you activate again...

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I can testify that it still works :D

I work for a University, so it might have helped that I have an email address from a University. Currently installing Win 7 on my main machine at home. My MP machine will not be upgraded to Win 7 though, as I am not sure the drivers for my Floppy-dtv would work, and it's currently running perfectly !

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Good to hear :D I just read trough the Norwegian post now, and ALL of them seem to get licenses, either with real or fake school id's....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom