Operating System Get 8 pcs Win7 Pro licences and more for $19 (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
The image contains all editions of Windows 7, but ei.cfg disables the other alternatives. The license you can obtain from MSDN AA is only valid for the pro edition, so if you download Win7 from another source, it might be a difference in the ei.cfg(if it exists). If the ei.cfg is deleted, all versions is selectable during installation, but you'll only get pro license ONLY (up till 4 pcs per membership).

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
Signed up but payment is still showing as approval pending on the receipt and I can't find the opt in button anywhere yet - i'm assuming it'll be on the confirmation email that i've not had yet

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
You did sign up for a web account? Once you've done that, it's just to wait until the payment is approved, and it might take up to 48 hrs. Guess it will be approved tomorrow if it isn't yet, and then you can opt in ;) Check your spam mail, if i remember correctly, you'll have to activate your account from a link in you mail...

I also just found out, it's a better deal than i thought at first. One membership can provide you 4 x Win7Pro licenses AND some XP Pro AND some Vista licenses AND Server 2008 lic.... You can basically get every software that is mentioned on the list. :D

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
Payment accepted and I've done my opt in

Never got the email, just checked and saw the link on the list on the left of the acm page......oh Win7 here we come... I think I'll go full time to using it as XP is getting a little long in the tooth.

reverson1

Portal Pro
May 23, 2006
Williamsburg,VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Went in today and it was asking for my advisor's name and my student id number. Don't remember reading about anyone else having to do this, maybe this is new...

I never did get my optin email - just saw it on the site yesterday and went ahead and did it. Anybody else have to do this?

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
If you see my first post, it's updated earlier today. Unfortunately, it seems like they are requiring StudentID now. I know some people are trying to apply with made up IDs to see if they go trough, but nothing is confirmed yet. I really don't think that they are actually checking students id number, i don't think they have the capacity to do so. But i'll be sure to keep you updated. Maybe you could browse the end source thread (link in bottom of fist post), and see what ppl are saying over there...

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Just entered my Students ID and Advicers name. Its 2 years old though, but it was a genuine Student ID.
So now I'm waiting. I can't find anything about the "Opt in" option, and nowhere does it say that something is pending.

I am not sure what to do now about this. Maybe just wait a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom