Getting frustrated with stutter (1 Viewer)

jaymode

Portal Pro
July 31, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Tourettes,

I also at first thought the same about bad signals, but using my cable companies box, I get perfect playback. When timeshifting in MP, playback is much better; but when recording on the same channels I have lots of these errors.

I will try to get some samples of this tonight.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Another one possible reason of continuity errors is bad drivers which loses packets.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Another one possible reason of continuity errors is bad drivers which loses packets.

Also different tuner HW (settop box / DVB card) are reacting differently to the low / bad signal. Usually the PC devices are working more poorly when it comes to bad signal.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have some continuity errors too
    Now im planning to run mp tvserver and for example dvbdream(with ts statistics) on two same cards connected to twin lnb
    and try to find what happens on both cards when continuite error have happened on mp card.

jaymode

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Also different tuner HW (settop box / DVB card) are reacting differently to the low / bad signal. Usually the PC devices are working more poorly when it comes to bad signal.

Seems that there are a few reports of unhappy users of my card with poor reception. I may look into getting a new card and seeing how that works out:
    Hauppage HVR-2250 Owner's Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum

hey__me

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2009
    I have resolved a lot of it (to the point that I can actually watch tv) by timeshifting to a external usb hdd. seems like my chipset raid 5 can't keep up with the disk i/o required but a usb can?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have resolved a lot of it (to the point that I can actually watch tv) by timeshifting to a external usb hdd. seems like my chipset raid 5 can't keep up with the disk i/o required but a usb can?

It is possible that cheap RAID controller (all MB ones are cheap ones) has some long delays. It's not about the average troughput MP / timeshifting cares about but instead constant minimum speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom