Getting no artwork/metadata at all? [bug]

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by Andy22, February 28, 2017.

1. Andy22

Andy22 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 3
    Around a few months ago MP-TV stopped to show/get any artwork for new episodes or series? Today i did a clean install of just Mp1 and Mp-TV and still get no artwork at all?

Did something break, change or why is this not working anymore?

Last edited: March 1, 2017
    • Missing System Logs and/or Specs Missing System Logs and/or Specs x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    Logs will tell you what is happening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Andy22

Andy22 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 3
    It seems after successfully identifying the new series MP-TV never gets to the stage where it downloads artwork. All i could find are those error lines

Checking whether assembly SubCentral is available and loaded...
    [DEBG][04]: Assembly SubCentral is not loaded (not available?), trying to load it manually...
    [DEBG][04]: Assembly SubCentral is unavailable, load unsuccessful: System.IO.FileNotFoundException:Could not load file or assembly 'SubCentral' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

So now the question is, why after a clean install of MP + MP-TV (deleted database) this error happens and i assume because of it MP-TV somehow can't get to the artwork stage. I tried google this "SubCentral assembly", but i'm not sure what exactly this is? It sounds like some subtitle thing? I also cant find a way to download the MP-TV source so i can check what this assembly is and why its not there.

Any idea whats missing here?

5. Andy22

Andy22 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 3
    Oki i found this Subcentral plugin, yet i'm not sure if its related to my problem or not. I still get the same error no matter what subcentral version i have installed?
    SubCentral

I also found this old copy of Mp-TV which has a external 0.9 subcentral.dll.
    MP-TVSeries/External at master · MichelZ/MP-TVSeries · GitHub

None of the subcentral versions (0.9, 1.1, 1.2) are loaded by the 4.3 MP-TV plugin and i also unpacked the 4.3 .mpe1 file which also has no subcentral.dll. So this seems to-be a broken external reference? Maybe this is broken for everyone and is not related to my problem? So if someone could check there logs for the same error this would be helpfully.

thx
    Andy

6. Andy22

Andy22 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 3
    Its not related to the subcentral.dll, i found the compatible version in the official github/external files.
    GitHub - damienhaynes/mptvseries: Automatically exported from code.google.com/p/mptvseries
    Why this version is not installed is beyond me, you also need to install the subtitle downloader or subcentral will complain.

I think i found the problem, but have no clue why this happens or how to fix it. The logfile simply states:

2017-03-01 11:50:22.010 [INFO][15]: Fanart not found for series Colony
    2017-03-01 11:50:25.343 [INFO][15]: Fanart not found for series The Man In The High Castle
    2017-03-01 11:50:25.977 [INFO][22]: Fanart not found for series Vikings

So i get no artwork (banner/fanart) at all and also no episode summary text in the ui?

Any idea whats going on, since the series do have fanart and banners in tvdb?

7. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,633 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Run Mediaportal with Debug info, try get Fanart for TVSeries and collect Log files for Report a Bug to a Plugin Developer or Skin Designer ... WatchDog - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki
    And attach to forum ...

8. Andy22

Andy22 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 3
    Oki done, this is a clean install of MP 1.15 with just 4.3 MP-TV installed and using a folder with 3 media files that are all properly named and will be identified by MP-TV automatically, yet no artwork or series/episode information will be displayed in the ui.

PS: I just tested MP2.1 and there i get artwork just fine for the same import folder/files, so tvdb has artwork for those files and my network setup also allows downloading those, so its not a firewall/router problem.

9. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,633 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Maybe that is not configured in the settings?
    Code (Text):
    1. 2017-03-01 13:21:43.969 [DEBG][01]: Option AutoUpdateAllFanart: 0
    2. 2017-03-01 13:21:43.973 [DEBG][01]: Option AutoDownloadFanart: 1
    3. 2017-03-01 13:21:43.977 [DEBG][01]: Option AutoDownloadFanartCount: 3
    4. 2017-03-01 13:21:43.981 [DEBG][01]: Option AutoDownloadFanartResolution: 0
    5. ...
    6. 2017-03-01 13:21:44.024 [DEBG][01]: Option AutoDownloadFanartSeriesNames: 0
    Fanart resolution?
    Try set AutoUpdateAllFanart ...

10. Andy22

Andy22 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 3
    both

Did not help.

Maybe i should point out again that also all series, episode metadata is missing! So while the series was scraped, MP-TV did not get any summary/synopsis or episode title names. It simply lists the showname and "Episode 11" as title, while it should get the episode name instead? The strange thing is that the logs show that the tvdb lookup worked. So the database entry has a tvdb id and correct name yet "No summary is currently available." and only generic episode number information. So all tvdb metadata is missing like status, airdate, but it has the correct tvdb id?

11. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,633 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Plz screenshot ...

Delete DB, make settings, Try import and Try reimport ...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!