Getting no artwork/metadata at all? [bug] (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Andy22 as @ajs pointed out the update_all.zip should not be used when you update a collection that has already been updated recently, but in your case you start from nothing so you have to begin with the _all file.

It works for others, and I highly doubt that is because they are getting the _day/_week files instead.

Another step you could take to debug is to install Fiddler2 on the same machine to analyze the technical connections and find out why a "thetvdb.com" connection is failing.

PS: Do you have some firewall, anti-virus or IDS/IPS solution installed that blocks the zip file on a false positive?

Andy22

Portal Member
    September 10, 2011
    PS: Do you have some firewall, anti-virus or IDS/IPS solution installed that blocks the zip file on a false positive?

No, but it seems strange that a fresh install of all other tools that utilize tvdb have no problems. So why is a fresh install of MP2.1 that uses the same folder able to get tvdb metadata and artwork or is Mp2.1 not using those zips?

Andy22

Portal Member
    September 10, 2011
    Use Proxy?
    No, its a simple Win10 machine sitting behind a router, no special network setup. Mp1 worked for the last few years and i really cant think of any change that might cause such a specific problem, given the fact that everything else works just fine.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Well Fiddler2 would reveal the real URL for your instance with the API_key in it, so you can open it in a browser and see if it downloads then.

Andy22

Portal Member
    September 10, 2011
    This can be tested with pasting the URL into a webbrowser on the same machine. Have this been tested?
    As noted the api call works as seen in the logs or it wont get a valid tvdbid at all. The logs also show the returned xml "Overview" text from the api call.
    Keep in mind that any other media scraper tool installed on the same machine using tvdb works just fine, including MP2.1 and Kodi.

I just gave up on Mp1 + MTV and now use Kodi.

Thx for the help provided here, but i guess its such a obscure bug that wasting any more time could be spend more productive, since this problem only seems to effect my system.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Just to add to this - I had a similar issue with the fan art and noticed that the default location for the latestMediaHandler the FanArtHandler and MPTVSeries were not all the same.
    I pointed my TVSeries to the /thumbs/fan art/ (note the space), and forced a re-import and refresh of all the fanart.
    This resulted in some of the episode fanarts being downloaded and shown in the skin - I'm just waiting until a new episode is ready so I can see if it works on an import of a new file..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom