Getting Started (1 Viewer)

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After being away from MP for a while I am trying yo get it going again now on Windows 10.
I have installed MP 1.24
1. I would like to use my subscription to Schedules Direct but when I try to install it I get "Requires TV Server 1.3" . How do I get this version of TV Server or should I be doin something else.
2. Exacly where should the SD dll's be located, in which folder?

Thanks for any help on these two questions.

Dave

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I assume the info in the other post you asked this question was no help?
    If you have not done so already please take a look at this old post which asked the same question and let us know how it goes.
    @CyberSimian can you add anything on this one?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Exacly where should the SD dll's be located, in which folder?
    In addition to the thread suggested by @joecrow, you should read this thread. The poster there was able to get Schedules Direct working with MP (I think). He found that he had to move some of the files to a different folder. The thread dates from July 2019.

Please bear in mind that neither @joecrow nor I have had any experience using Schedules Direct, so you may need to do some experimentation yourself.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Exacly where should the SD dll's be located, in which folder?
    Sorry, I see now that you have already posted to the thread I linked. If you cannot solve the problem by reading that thread carefully, I have no other ideas. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As mentioned by @CyberSimian I do not have any experience using Schedules Direct and or its plugin but I do see it is not supported on recent versions of MP 1. It might be worthwhile looking at EPG Buddy here and here I am not sure if it is possible to have it use Schedules Direct ( @Lehmden ??) but it does offer an alternative and free :) EPG source for the USA and is supported on MP 1.24.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    I've attached an updated installer with the version check removed and the folders corrected based on jmvaughn's post in the other thread. The Schedules Direct website lists other compatible software, some of which can create an XMLTV file.

Attachments

• SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.11.0.3 unofficial.mpe1
      184.8 KB

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    In case you are still having difficulties, I have been using Schedules Direct for many years and have never installed a ShedulesDirect plugin.

You do need to use the XMLTV import function in TVServer and then use any of several tools that will collect your chosen schedules from Schedukes Direct and use them to create an XMLTV file. I use MC2XML but there are others. As long as you correctly specify the output location for the tool to put the XMLTV file so that MP will find it correctly this works fine. As I say I have been doing this for some years with very few problems. You will find more info. here and here

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Cybersimian, following your guidance it now say "Requires tvServer 1.3.. but I have no idea how to obtain this.

Thank you Jasmeet, I will follow up on your suggestion.

wjw thank you, this sounds as if it might be my best bet.

Thanks to all for the advice, it is truly appreciated. Will let you know what works!

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I am running 1.21 with no problems and as TV Server has been frozen for a long time now I think it safe to assume that my version will be the same as yours. Have never been asked to get any version of TV server other than the current one. I suspect the 1.3 request is specific to the Schedules Direct plugin - which is simply not required.

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    WJW, how does XMLTV interact with MP? I am assuming onr can tell XMLTV to import from SD. But what must I do in MP to connect with XMLTV ?

Thanks for any hints on this, never done epg this way previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom