Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (3 Viewers)

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmmm - it looks like d-fader is no longer maintaining this excellent plug-in, which is a shame ... :(

I am using v1.7.0 with MP 1.1.0 beta SVN 24923 and the SMS style input (via a genuine Microsoft RC), and everything works fine except that the left-arrow key does not function as backspace - so after doing one search, it is not possible to clear the search field in order to do a different search. The only way that I have found to clear the search field, is to restart MediaPortal.

Any suggestions, anyone ... ?

Cheers,

Taipan

Hey m8, :sorry: that I'm not too active anymore, but I certainly have not abandoned it and I still feel responsible for the things I've made, it's just that the last year was quite hectic :) I will try to check it out, you should be able to search more than once, lol.

Give me some time, but I'll do my best!

Anyone still maintaining this?
I would very much like this to be localized.. :)

Me too, I will look into this too, m8.

One of the best plugins for MediaPortal. Thank you D-Fader!

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it man! I'm glad you like it.

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hmmm - it looks like d-fader is no longer maintaining this excellent plug-in, which is a shame ... :(

I am using v1.7.0 with MP 1.1.0 beta SVN 24923 and the SMS style input (via a genuine Microsoft RC), and everything works fine except that the left-arrow key does not function as backspace - so after doing one search, it is not possible to clear the search field in order to do a different search. The only way that I have found to clear the search field, is to restart MediaPortal.

Any suggestions, anyone ... ?

Cheers,

Taipan

Hey m8, :sorry: that I'm not too active anymore, but I certainly have not abandoned it and I still feel responsible for the things I've made, it's just that the last year was quite hectic :) I will try to check it out, you should be able to search more than once, lol.

Give me some time, but I'll do my best!

Anyone still maintaining this?
I would very much like this to be localized.. :)

Me too, I will look into this too, m8.

One of the best plugins for MediaPortal. Thank you D-Fader!

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it man! I'm glad you like it.

Wow. Last time logged in 8 months ago and back again :)

However in the mean time dukus has made this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/new-plugin-search-plugin-74897/ i havn't tried it as this one was quite good.
As you weren't active i PM'ed MediaPortal Forum - View Profile: Micropolis and asked if he was interested and he told me to have a look into this plugin:) So i suggest you talk to him first :D

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wow. Last time logged in 8 months ago and back again :)
I have been watching the forum a few times without logging in, shh :)

However in the mean time dukus has made this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/new-plugin-search-plugin-74897/ i havn't tried it as this one was quite good.
I have checked it out and the potential is very good. It looks blazing fast (although my test was with only 3 music albums) and it searches 'while typing', however, it lacks some of the more extensive functions that GMS has to offer, like the detailed view.

As you weren't active i PM'ed MediaPortal Forum - View Profile: Micropolis and asked if he was interested and he told me to have a look into this plugin:) So i suggest you talk to him first :D
Okay m8, I will contact him, thanks for telling.

Cheers!

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Quote:
Wow. Last time logged in 8 months ago and back again
I have been watching the forum a few times without logging in, shh

:mad: ;)

I have checked it out and the potential is very good. It looks blazing fast (although my test was with only 3 music albums) and it searches 'while typing', however, it lacks some of the more extensive functions that GMS has to offer, like the detailed view.[/QUOTE]

Havn't tried it. Was more like maybe that's the future? A combined search plugin for all plugins? Easier to maintain than 5 different plugins.
I also think that the plugin and search method was only developed to show how it could look like and more could be made.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Plugin: Global Music Search (version 1.7.0)

Hmm - another 4 months without any activity - and with MP 1.1.0 Final it doesn´t work anymore :(
    Will there be a new version?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have MP 1.1 Final, Win7 32bit, and which ever version of global music search that comes with streamedmp is working fine for me.

EDIT: Actually i might be using the music search plugin not global music search plugin, anyway the one with streamedmp 1.2 works fine...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: New Plugin: Global Music Search (version 1.7.0)

Hmm - another 4 months without any activity - and with MP 1.1.0 Final it doesn´t work anymore :(
    Will there be a new version?

Working here too on both of my installs (both W7 x64 MP 1.1) - have you tried re-scanning your music database? I that'll fix it for you... (hopefully ;) )

d-fader

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm so sorry guys, I really want to concentrate on this plug-in, but I just can't find the time. Busy with work, trying to do some exercise, keeping up social contacts with friends, painting the nursery and on top of that having a pregnant girlfriend doesn't leave too much extra spare time if you catch my drift. And I know it's an excuse, but when I can find the time, I'm surely going to pick it up, because I have some nice ideas to make it even a lot better and faster.

Good to hear it still works, to be honest, I have installed 1.1.0, but I didn't have any time to 'really' listen to my music in the last months, argh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom