Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (1 Viewer)

Nihilith

Portal Member
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
you maybe should rescan your shares. seems Coldplay is not in the Music Database yet.

If after a rescan it still not shows up, then you should see some errors in the Configuration.log, which i would like to see.

I tryed to rescan/rebuild my database which seemed to do the trick, :D

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have not set the option "Only update new/changed files".... But it seems to be I get an error!
2009-11-20 16:38:37.171875 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Beginning music database reorganization...
2009-11-20 16:38:37.171875 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Last import done at 01-01-0001 00:00:00
2009-11-20 16:38:37.203125 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: CleanupForeignKeys completed
2009-11-20 16:38:37.203125 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: starting song cleanup for 504 songs
2009-11-20 16:38:38.640625 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: DeleteNonExistingSongs completed. Removed 0 non-existing songs
2009-11-20 16:38:46.031250 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Found 6052 files.
2009-11-20 16:38:46.031250 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Now check for new / updated files.
2009-11-20 16:38:46.187500 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Unhandled error Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length - scan aborted!
mscorlib
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueSheet.ParseCue(String[] file)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueSheet.ReadCueSheet(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueSheet..ctor(String cuefilename)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueUtil.CUEFileListFilter[T](IList`1 fileList, ICueTrackFileBuilder`1 builder)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueUtil.CUEFileListFilterList[T](IList`1 fileList, ICueTrackFileBuilder`1 builder)
at MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.GetAndAddOrUpdateFiles(Boolean aCheckForNewFiles, Boolean aExcludeHiddenFiles, Int32 StartProgress, Int32 EndProgress, Int32& fileCount)
at MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.MusicDatabaseReorg(ArrayList shares, MusicDatabaseSettings setting)
2009-11-20 16:38:46.187500 [ERROR][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Unhandled error Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length - scan aborted!
mscorlib
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueSheet.ParseCue(String[] file)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueSheet.ReadCueSheet(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueSheet..ctor(String cuefilename)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueUtil.CUEFileListFilter[T](IList`1 fileList, ICueTrackFileBuilder`1 builder)
at MediaPortal.TagReader.CueUtil.CUEFileListFilterList[T](IList`1 fileList, ICueTrackFileBuilder`1 builder)
at MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.GetAndAddOrUpdateFiles(Boolean aCheckForNewFiles, Boolean aExcludeHiddenFiles, Int32 StartProgress, Int32 EndProgress, Int32& fileCount)
at MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.MusicDatabaseReorg(ArrayList shares, MusicDatabaseSettings setting)
2009-11-20 16:38:46.187500 [Debug][Config Main]: MusicDatabase: Commit will effect 5 rows
2009-11-20 16:38:46.578125 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Compress completed
2009-11-20 16:38:46.578125 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Music database reorganization done. Processed 0 tracks in: 00:00:09

You gotta be kidding. Damn. Removing the cue files solved the problem!
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/listen-music-99/missing-music-database-objects-0-a-59691/

Rasputin

Portal Pro
January 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
i've got zwo big problems with this plug-in.
Since i use MP 1.1.0 Gobal Music Search does not find any song.
Secound there is no "hotlink" in My Music, like My Lyrics.
So i have to go to Homemenu select Global Music Search an
start the search, but i want to open Global Music Search within
My Music like My Lyrics out of the Music Menu.

merry christmas ;)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    i've got zwo big problems with this plug-in.
    Since i use MP 1.1.0 Gobal Music Search does not find any song.
    Secound there is no "hotlink" in My Music, like My Lyrics.
    So i have to go to Homemenu select Global Music Search an
    start the search, but i want to open Global Music Search within
    My Music like My Lyrics out of the Music Menu.

merry christmas ;)

Well, the answer to the last problem is skin-related and should be "fixed" by editing the xml-files in the skin :)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I use Global Music Search with the latest SVN and it works perfect. you need to post more info.

try to use the search button from the MyMusic Menu. if Global Music Search is installed and enabled, then it will be used instead of the standard music search

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you have to use the Virtual keyboard to type?

When i try typing on my real keyboard, as soon as i hit a key that is a standard mediaportal shortcut it does that action instead of typing the letter, then i cannot access the keyboard again, any keys i press just controls mediaportal behind it as if its not there and i also cannot get rid of the virtual keyboard then, have to exit mediaportal all together.

Can see it being very useful if i can get it working.

:D

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    blue3wide

Sorry to nag again but I don't seem to be able to get this plugin to support blue3wide.
    Searching works well but the screen asking me to "play now" or "add to playlist" is definitely designed for blue3.

I am using version 1.7.0 of this plugin.

If someone could help here, I would be really happy!

Cheers!

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hmmm - it looks like d-fader is no longer maintaining this excellent plug-in, which is a shame ... :(

I am using v1.7.0 with MP 1.1.0 beta SVN 24923 and the SMS style input (via a genuine Microsoft RC), and everything works fine except that the left-arrow key does not function as backspace - so after doing one search, it is not possible to clear the search field in order to do a different search. The only way that I have found to clear the search field, is to restart MediaPortal.

Any suggestions, anyone ... ?

Cheers,

Taipan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom