Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (1 Viewer)

mysteryboard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2011
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Global Music Search (version 1.7.5) - Problem with sorting

Hello Damien,

with the new DLL, it works perfect. Thank you for your work.

Michael

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I am a little confused by the recent signs of life here. ISTR that this function was included in the MP (My) Music module at one point, but I don't find it now (in MP1.2.2) and have therefore installed this plugin with the new DLL. It seems to work fine, but what is the future direction? Is this to be incorporated into MP (personally I liked it better that way) or is it to remain a separate plugin?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    My bad, then, but ISTR that there was a built-in search function in My Music. Now I don't see one.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is code in MyMusic that looks for the Global Search plugin, well it checks if a plugin that returns the name"Search Music" is installed and enabled and if found it will call Global Search instead of the inbuilt search functions.

So if Global Search was installed it would have appeared as if this was part of MP.

AFAIK this will remain a seperate plugin and is better that way, it can be updated and improved without being tied into the MP development cycle.

Hope that clears things up

Thx

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Sounds sensible. Only problem is that the search icon no longer appears in My Music; to search I now have to back out to the main menu.
    If I understand your description above, Trevor, I should still be able to search from My Music, it just should automatically use the plugin.
    If this isn't working as designed, I guess I should report it in the MP1 subforum, not here.
    What do you think?

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just tested here and work ok with StreamedMP, a quick check of Default Wide shows the control is commented out of mymusicgenres.xml and mymusicsomgs.xml - not sure why that would be, catavolt may know.

I will have a proper look later but will admit to being a little confused currently.

Thx

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    All translations are now online at Transifex, so head on over to the following URL and start contributing:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/MP1_CommunityPlugins/resource/globalsearch/

Every Translator has to do the following:
    1. Register an account at Transifex.com
    2. Go to the project page, which you want to translate (see above)
    3. a) If your language team already exists, click on it and request to become a member of it.
      In this case either the project management and the language team coordinator of that language can accept or deny the request.
      b) If your language team does not exist, you can request to create a new one and become a language team coordinator.
      In this case the project management has to accept or deny the request.
    The language teams are organized within https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/MediaPortal/
    So currently it's Albert, morpheus, offbyone and Chefkoch who are able to accept new languages.
    In most cases we react within 24 hours on request, often even earlier.

Will release a new build that supports Transifex translations soon.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release out v1.7.6, you can update via MPEI Installer or Extensions GUI plugin.

Changes
    • Support for translations from Transifex.
    • Fixed 'Add Album To Playlist' adding more than one album of the same title.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom