Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (3 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    HI jameson_uk, I've been doing a bit of work on this plugin lately but haven't really looked at too much how it parses playback over to MediaPortal. Would appreciate if you take a look and see if there is anything in the API for MP1.2 that must be set before Play() gets called.

Another user reports that Artwork from ID3 tag is not displayed as well in NowPlaying...this could be a bug in NowPlaying / Music API rather than GlobalSearch. Would appreciate your input as im not very familar with the Music API.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Another user reports that Artwork from ID3 tag is not displayed as well in NowPlaying...this could be a bug in NowPlaying / Music API rather than GlobalSearch. Would appreciate your input as im not very familar with the Music API.
    Damien, only had a quick scan through the code but patch attached. This should bring it roughly inline with the other changes in 1.2 (and get all the right details to show in now playing screen).

What might need tweaking is the context menu though. In 1.2 now we either have
    Play Now
    Play Next
    Queue Item
    Queue All Items

and depending on some settings in config
    Add to Playlist.

I have made this work so what is called add to playlist will actually queue items in one mode and add them to the playlist in the other.

If I get time during the week I will attempt to make these totally in line. (it might however be easier to just inherit from GUIMusicBaseWindow but that might need a little more refactoring to make it work)

Attachments

• global_search_playlist.patch
      6.4 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK got woken up early today so had a quick play.

This roughly now matches the behaviour of music in 1.2 (and reminds me that I need to make this more intuitive ;)). Everything fundamentally is about attempting to allow users to queue music as well as add to a playlist (which may or may not actually be playing)

Context menu now has queue / queue all options and these work. Play Next also now only shows when music is already playing. Add / Add All to playlist options should only show if the "Playlist screen shows current playlist" option in config is unticked.

This all seems to work ok.

Things that are still a bit odd.
    On details screen the add to playlist button is actually queueing the track rather than adding it to playlist.
    The Add Album To Playlist option is again queueing the album rather than adding it to playlist.

So basically you have the following
    Play Now - Stop what you are doing and play track (with the playlist option unchecked this will not touch playlist)
    Play Next - Queue up track to play after the current playing track (if playlist is playing this will be inserted into playlist)
    Queue Item - Queue up track at the end of whatever is already queued (if playlist is playing this will be appended to playlist)
    Queue All Items - Queue up all track at the end of whatever is already queued (if playlist is playing these will be appended to playlist)
    Add to Playlist - This will add track to playlist regardless of whether playlist is playing
    Add All To Playlist - This will add all tracks to playlist regardless of wheher playlist is playing

Then in this plugin you also have the album options which I guess for consistency should be
    Queue Album - Queue up album to play (as with queue all)
    Add Album To Playlist - Add album to playlist regardless of whether playlist is playing or not.

Issue is fitting this all into one context menu / set of buttons....

Anyway that is probably more about music than this plugin but most things are now inline

Attachments

• global_search_playlist_v2.patch
      13.5 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thankyou so much jameson_uk, I will get back into GlobalSearch mode next week and integrate your changes...im just in the middle of some changes with other plugins at the moment so have my hands full :)

Shoot me a pm if your interested in commit rights to the svn.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Plugin: Global Music Search (version 1.7.0)

Sorry but when do you mean, we can get a new Version ? Maybe this week ? Or is the work in the other plugins not finished. I ask because on Weekend, i will have a Party and would be great when this PLugin should be work ;-) ;-)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have started integrating the patches today, will do a bit of testing and make a release today or tomorrow.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release (v1.7.5) uploaded, either download update info from MPEI installer or download from Google Code.

Changes
    • Bring music player features in line with MediaPortal 1.2 changes, thanks jameson_uk.
    • Added NowPlaying 'JumpTo' in DefaultWide search window.
    • Added Selected Album thumb to DefaultWide search window.
    • Updated Project Icon.
    • Fixed a Project Name in in the Install Section dialog of MPEI.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Damien, thanks for new update v1.7.5 :)

got 2 errors in error.log

If macking a search for artist > select song > play song >go to now playig screen .... all o.k
    but if doing anther search (waill first search song still playing) select a new song and play it , then got this 2 error .

log attached ....

if you need d-bug logs ,please let me know ...

thanks again .

MP 1.2.1 - DW skin - Global Music Search v1.7.5 ,

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Many thanks Damein for supporting Now Playing window in 1.7.5 - works nicely here - in fact, it almost makes the Details window redundant ;).
    However, I have two small issues:
    1. When I jump to Now Playing, using the menu button, then press back/esc to return to Global Music, it returns to the main window and my current search is no longer displayed. I assume the Details window is hard coded to be excluded in back history? That would be OK if it still retained my previous search in the main window.
    2. The plugin still does not follow standard Music play keys. When I press p or Play, I expect it to play now but it just opens the Details window. And Play Now in Details does not respect my 'Jump to' settings for Music. When I am in the list and press Play, it should play now and jump to Now Playing, but it only opens the Details Window.
    So the bottom line is to play a track and view it in Now Playing, I have to 1. Search, 2. go to Details, 3. Press Play Now, 4. navigate to the Now Playing button and press that. So four clicks to play a track in Now Playing instead of the usual one click playback.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Many thanks Damein for supporting Now Playing window in 1.7.5 - works nicely here - in fact, it almost makes the Details window redundant ;).
    However, I have two small issues:
    1. When I jump to Now Playing, using the menu button, then press back/esc to return to Global Music, it returns to the main window and my current search is no longer displayed. I assume the Details window is hard coded to be excluded in back history? That would be OK if it still retained my previous search in the main window.
    2. The plugin still does not follow standard Music play keys. When I press p or Play, I expect it to play now but it just opens the Details window. And Play Now in Details does not respect my 'Jump to' settings for Music. When I am in the list and press Play, it should play now and jump to Now Playing, but it only opens the Details Window.
    So the bottom line is to play a track and view it in Now Playing, I have to 1. Search, 2. go to Details, 3. Press Play Now, 4. navigate to the Now Playing button and press that. So four clicks to play a track in Now Playing instead of the usual one click playback.

Hi Dadeo ! abut No.2 , please see her :https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...version-1-7-0-a-24057/index29.html#post792444

the Play Now button in Details view ,Is not jump to play now screen .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom