kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ummm this has been a long time coming.

Installed Mediaportal 2 Summer 15 Update 1.

I noticed it sat on initializing for a long time, I almost thought it crashed. I launched the installer using mp-setup_logging.bat, so I'm not sure if that was the actual culprit. I haven't looked at the log files, but here they are attached for info.[DOUBLEPOST=1442828908][/DOUBLEPOST]I noticed right away that videos seem to be dropping frames. I checked the appropriate codecs were in use, they are. What is the key combo to see the rendering stats?

It is possible that the video is stuttering because it's scanning the library, if this is the case then I think that maybe should be addressed. I'll retry some video tomorrow, if it works fine, then I'll add another small movie shares folder and try again.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is the key combo to see the rendering stats?
    F10 to show stats
    F11 to toggle render modes (default, vsync, max performance).

Please do not enable GUI antialiasing, it's known to cause video playback issues!

It is possible that the video is stuttering because it's scanning the library, if this is the case then I think that maybe should be addressed. I'll retry some video tomorrow, if it works fine, then I'll add another small movie shares folder and try again.
    If server is running on same PC it could cause some performance issues during first time import (metadata extraction, online lookups, thumbnail building etc...). But you should be able to see this in task manager view.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks.

I didn't specifically enable gui antialiasing.

Will report back.

I've also noted a slight error in settings codecs gui left hand menu pane using default skin. Will post screen shot.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The stutter was due to force vsync.

If I use vsync with 23.96fps movie, with 60hz display, with mpc audio renderer, then it plays back movie at 10fps with lots of stutter. If I use normal or max performance, then movie plays fine.

Re: REFRESH RATES

For some reason refresh rate changer is not working. I found it strange that in settings I could list refresh rates to exclude but not refresh rates to include. Is there additional settings, I can only see "refresh rate changer: [yes/no]" and "exclude list or refresh rates: [ ... ]"

Re: SIDE MENU IN MOVIES

If I navigate out of the side menu using the keyboard, then the side menu should auto collaspe back. This doesn't happen.

Re: SETTINGS -> PLAYERS -> CODECS -> AUDIO CODECS

If you view this page in settings you see the left hand side changes to "Playlists", I think this is an error?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

You will see the 'playlist' in most of the settings on the left side. I also thought it's an bug, but it's intended. I'm just with phone and can not find the explanation.
    @morpheus_xx I think most users do not understand the meaning of 'playlists'. Most think it's related to an audio playlist and therefore are confused by it's location. Is it possible to rename or modify it? As I already forgot the background (plugins can add a workflow action or something?), it's a sign it was not logical to me and standard user will not use it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread