Grey blacks with internal player + EVR (1 Viewer)

xadox

Portal Pro
August 18, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
It has been fixed for about 1-2 months. If you use the new beta this should be fixed, otherwise 1.02 with an new svn.
Worked, but the Colors could be a little more intensive. Should I change the Plasma settings or the color settings in MP?

mat123

Portal Pro
February 28, 2009
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Hi,

I'm using the latest MediaPortal beta and get proper black levels with coreavc, but with mpc video decoder (using dxva)
the blacks are somewhat grey. Shouldn't this be fixed in the MP beta? Can someone help out? I'd love to use dxva.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit, radeon 4890, catalyst 9.9 (maybe the new catalyst are the problem?).

Picture 1 = Coreavc
Picture 2 = MPC (dxva)

Attachments

• picture1.jpg
    picture1.jpg
    261.4 KB
  • picture2.jpg
    picture2.jpg
    230 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi,

I'm using the latest MediaPortal beta and get proper black levels with coreavc, but with mpc video decoder (using dxva)
the blacks are somewhat grey. Shouldn't this be fixed in the MP beta? Can someone help out? I'd love to use dxva.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit, radeon 4890, catalyst 9.9 (maybe the new catalyst are the problem?).

Picture 1 = Coreavc
Picture 2 = MPC (dxva)

Did you disabled dynamic brightnes in CCC?

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible that evr-bug returned in combination MP 1.1 beta + Win 7? My picture is as bad as in sooner times, evr-bug was on stage.
    I will make an experiment, changing evr.dll with vista pre sp1 evr.dll. Ill report soon!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is it possible that evr-bug returned in combination MP 1.1 beta + Win 7? My picture is as bad as in sooner times, evr-bug was on stage.
    I will make an experiment, changing evr.dll with vista pre sp1 evr.dll. Ill report soon!

At least the cause is different this time as the dshowhelper.dll hasn't been modified. Any possibility that you are using Catalyst and have dynamic contrast (or what ever it was called)?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Make sure your NVidia settings use the correct color range. You can select 16-235 and 0-255 in the control panel. Please check these settings. I had a similar problem and changed the setting. Also please check your codecs in regards to the color range as well if if only happens with certain files.

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have bad picture with Nvidia 9400 and with Radeon 4670. pre sp1 evr didnt help. Dynamic contrast in catalyst i have always disabled and in Nvidia settings i played with 0-255 and 16-235. Dont know why but with Win 7 i dont get as good picture as with vista and the difference is absolut big. I changed HDMI-cable, didnt help too.

I go back to vista. Started new installation 15 minutes before.
    Dont know why but with Win 7 i dont get as good picture as with vista and the difference is absolut big.

Picture quality ist most important for me. Thanks for the hints and thanks for this great MP, cant imagine media-live without MP!

Cheers // Cress

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Bad picture under Vista too.
    Think my Toshiba TV is going to hell now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom