Grey blacks with internal player + EVR (1 Viewer)

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll switch to 1.1.0 alpha as well (running Windows 7), but I'm just waiting for the next StreamedMP release that will support this version. They are waiting for the next Moving Pictures, so I hope that bug will be sorted out soon.

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As soon as StreamedMP and Moving Pictures are working with 1.1.0, I'll start testing it on my laptop. Only a few more weeks to RC of 1.1 hopefully.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    StreamedMP + Movingpictures will probably be released together, like in the past. Will probably still be a week from now before release...
    I am waiting witl 1.1alpha for X-factor + movingpictures myself.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know they are released together. I figure that bug in Moving Pictures must be the problem. We'll just have to wait. Must say that 1.0.2 is the best version so far, so it should be worth the wait.

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks to this thread i could solve my bad Picture Quality. I use old evr.dll without any problems, picture is fantastic now. My HTPC was near to death or to be sold cause the problem!

When win 7 + MP1.1 + Bleazle (my beloved skin) is out in release versions i will setup my htpc completely new with this stuff. At the moment 1.02 + Vista SP2 + pre SP1 EVR + Bleazle V 7.1 works stable and stunning perfect now.

Dont know if M$ or amateur-programmers of ATI or both are guilty of my long, nerving search for good picture and the lot of time i spent trying f***ing ATI-Drivers and other things, but i would love to kick ass of both, both companies are guilty for the russian roulette to get HTPC stable running. I am really pissed off this Companies! M$ i cant prevent in the future, but ATI i will never ever buy especially cause ATI has horrible drivers since they are on the horizon!

I want to thank devs of MP for greatest Media-Software ever seen and the people in this thread that fiddeled out solutions for this hard evr-problem!

Cheers // Cress

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, I couldn't wait anymore, so I switched to 1.1.0 alpha. And the issue is resolved. I still use StreamedMP 0.8, which works fine. The menu editor does not, so get the basichome.xml from the backup folder and copy it to the new one. I had to update the tvseries version to the latest one, because that didn't work under the alpha, but movingpictures 0.7.5 works fine. I am happy again.

djphatic

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it just me or is something not right with Windows 7 and the 9.8 Catalyst drivers? Using my test video (basic settings mp4 from hd709 from avsforums) both in and outside of MP I cannot get any flashing bars to make sure the black level is corrrect. On the second part of the video where it shows white, all white scale bars appear to be flashing and on the third part where it shows black and white levels, the white appears to be the same as before but now all the black bars are flashing as well?

I switched back into WinXP SP3 to make sure my TV settings hadn't messed up, although this is with Catalyst 9.4 and everything is perfect. Hmmm.

Back in Windows 7 and it appears the problem is with DXVA. Disabled the internal MPC decoder in MPC-HC it resorts to a different codec and everything appears fine when playing the Basic Settings. I also ran the same video in TMT3 and once I disabled DXVA everything was fine again.

Looks like something is a miss with DXVA in Catalyst 9.8/Windows 7

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since this thread is very long I would like to ask how the actual status for this prob is? At the moment I am using Vista Media Center with my Nvidia ION and I also got this Black is Grey problem. For now I am using ajusted color settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Since this thread is very long I would like to ask how the actual status for this prob is? At the moment I am using Vista Media Center with my Nvidia ION and I also got this Black is Grey problem. For now I am using ajusted color settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.

It has been fixed for about 1-2 months. If you use the new beta this should be fixed, otherwise 1.02 with an new svn. :) You can find it here : Change Log - MediaPortal Bugtracker somewhere :p

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx for the fast response. How can I fix it without MP. Do I still have to replace the EVR.dll with the pre SP1 one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom