[NVIDIA] GT430 vs GT520 (1 Viewer)

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
For those looking to modify inf files, have a look at this post for the theory behind it: Can't install NVIDIA graphics driver v. 275.33 - NVIDIA Forums

Basically what you want to do is:

1. Work out the hardware ID of your GPU (via device manager)
2. Open a working inf (from a legit WHQL driver for your card)
3. Find the 2 or 3 entries that contain your hardware ID (ctrl-f)
4. Open the inf you wish to modify, & add the entries for your hardware ID (in the same locations in the 2 or 3 sections - at the bottom of each section should be fine) & save.
5. Install the driver & accept the dialogue about the driver not being verified.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you download both Geforce and Tesla driver then you can cut and paste supported hardware id's.

Get's scarey after that ;)

Did try this, apparently FS350 is the same chipset as mine, started getting little white dot's appearing in video, then desktop froze, so reverted back to good old 190.45 driver.

Seems I'm in a loop with the GT220 , need later drivers to get gou resolution, rather than display, but then turn's out unreliable :(

So upgrade to GT430 looks imminent, hopefully the drivers will work.

Beaten to it by logifuse

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Worked!

Protip: Before installing a "clean installation", run MediaPortal Configuration and turn off the automatic launch of MePo at startup if you have that enabled or you'll have to ctrl+alt+del your way out of it as the driver is removed at the first reboot and MePo will fail to load as there's no proper driver.

Thanks!
    Emph

Attachments

• 276.42-quadro-tesla-winxp-32bit-international-whql_modified_nv4_disp_for_Geforce_430.zip
      11.3 KB

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The GT430 is now installed, using standard drivers! Can't really say I notice any major differences, but it feels better.

And I can now turn on the HTPC before the AVR without any lockups.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Quick update as I installed the card yesterday. Thanks again for the inf Owlsroost. Worked fine for Windows 7 32bit and the card installed nicely with the 276.42 tesla drivers :)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Any thoughts on colour space issues?

Do the Tesla drivers make the cards behave any better?

Probably not since it is the applications (or actually the renderers they use) that affect the used colorspace. If there is a bug in MP then it should be fixed.

Hi,

Looking at the TXH Optimizer, should it be possible to acheive BTB (blacker than black) on the THX logo?

I have set the Nvidia color setting to "let player decide", do MP output RGB (0-255, 16-235) or YCbCr over HDMI?

Started to read about this, I never felt more confused...

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I've got mine set to 0-255. The blacks aren't quite right and I get strange coloured banding if I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom