[NVIDIA] GT430 vs GT520 (1 Viewer)

Jelmo

Portal Pro
September 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Nvidia has released a new Tesla Driver last week [ 276.52-quadro-tesla ]
For thus are interested - here is my modded *.inf file (Win7x64)

Have Fun .....

Attachments

• nv_disp.rar
    13.7 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Please report your findings! I'm quite pleased with my current Tesla driver (the last recommended by users in this thread) but I have some issues that seems to be driver related (playback stops working after 5 or so consecutively played back files - no available memory). I've switched back from LAV to SAF6 now, maybe that'll fix it.

Emph

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So have found no advantages of this new driver. It´s not better or worse. Why do you thing that your problem is driver releated --- no available memory --- where did you find this ? Switchback from LAV to SAF should not be an benefit. SAF is also based on LAV. So its only an personal decision.

I´m running Tesla 276.52 + dshowhelper 092 + tsreader v45. And everything is working fine

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been using an old Creative Live! 24Bit external sound card (USB) with bitstreamed output to my receiver for quite some time, but I've decided to ditch that to just use the HDMI output of my NVIDIA 430 card instead as I'm thinking about buying a new receiver with HDMI and HD audio capabilites. I've wanted to let the Creative off the hook for quite some time as the drivers' not being updated since 2006 or so. :/

Am I correct in assuming that most of you use the NVIDIA 430 only for audio, right?
    Emph

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've been using an old Creative Live! 24Bit external sound card (USB) with bitstreamed output to my receiver for quite some time, but I've decided to ditch that to just use the HDMI output of my NVIDIA 430 card instead as I'm thinking about buying a new receiver with HDMI and HD audio capabilites. I've wanted to let the Creative off the hook for quite some time as the drivers' not being updated since 2006 or so. :/

Am I correct in assuming that most of you use the NVIDIA 430 only for audio, right?
    Emph

Ömmm ? For Video also

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, wording stuff on my phone on a short work break is a bad idea. :D

What I meant to ask was: "Am I correct in assuming that most of you use the NVIDIA 430 for all your audio needs (along with video) using the HDMI port?"

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Brand new Pioneer receiver arrived and I've installed it today. I was really happy with my old one, but as that didn't have HDMI, I couldn't ditch my old Soundblaster card and use the 430's HDMI output. Now I'm finally rid of that outdated old POS. But, installation hasn't been completely trouble free. I'm now using the NVIDIA High Definition Audio instead (HDMI along with video) instead of my old soundcard bitstreaming from ReClock. No software changes has been made, but now I slowly but surely get lip sync issues. If I stop video playback and start it again, lip sync is momentarily fixed, but starts to slowly drift. I've tried not using ReClock with about the same results. I'm using Automatic Refresh Rate Changer in MediaPortal btw.

Anyone else's had lip sync issues, and how did you solve 'em?
    Emph

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I remember also having lip sync issues after a while using ReClock on a GeForce 9600M GT. I got rid of ReClock as AudioRenderer and all worked well.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I remember also having lip sync issues after a while using ReClock on a GeForce 9600M GT. I got rid of ReClock as AudioRenderer and all worked well.

The only way I could get the sync to not go crazy was to use PowerDVD codec (SAF6 unlocked) for h264. I still get quite a lot of framedrops etc though. I have no idea what's going on with my system. :/

Emph

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats indeed strange. Does it only happen with MediaPortal or you got the same behaviour with other players?(e.g. WMP)
    What AudioRenderer do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom