Hardware acceleration in MP (1 Viewer)

verhohner

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
I checked dxdiag and both is activated! What do you think about the bitcontrol decoder? I heard this one would need much less cpu power that the others. Is it recommendable for my HTPC?

batboy

Portal Member
December 16, 2005
Today I'm struggling with my new HTPC: The Asus M2NPV-VM also has a Gf6150 onboard Grafik.
A test with MCE2005 brougt a exeption, related with 'unsupportet videocard/driver' and dxdiag showed me DirectDraw not aktivated and not available, somtimes the same with Direct3D. Therefore TV was not avilable in MCE2005. I also use the Trial Version of PureVideo.
Thats why i thought, your Problem could have somthing to do with this.
I'm realy not shure about.
I read in the Asus-Forum, that someone solved his Problems by using chipsetdriver 8.26 (bevore: 8.24) and a newer GfX-driver.So i will try a Bios-Update, newer chipset ad GfX-driver.
Im MP, which i want to use, i think Hardwareacceleration is not so important for e.g the MPV/MPA codecs.
good luck
batboy

verhohner

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
I also have the Asus M2NPV-VM. If you are successfully with the new Bios and chipset driver than please tell me which one you are using. Thx...

Andreas

Portal Member
March 2, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have seen on my HTPC with Gf6150 and Pure video that the hardware acceleration is not working as default with MP.
The problem was the checkbox "Turn off DxVA ..." This function turns of the hardware acceleration support in the codec.
You find this setting in MP Setup-DVD/DVD Codec

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
Replies
Views
@doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
@doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
Replies
Views
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom