Hauppage Remote Control Plugin (2 Viewers)

tybreizh29

Portal Member
January 19, 2005
Gif sur Yvette
Home Country
France France
Kab00m said:
I had the same problem... You have 2 install all the software... Then it works...
What do you mean all, MP + Hauppauge drivers, my install is a brand new one.

mPod said:
If you have used the Hauppauge IR installer, then I don't have any idea why it doesn't work for you. Maybe you should enable the logging for the plugin in have a look in the Mediaportal.log file, if there are any errors starting with "HCW:"...

I used the setup linked in you rtf file.
ir.exe+dll : V 2.45.22350.0 located in c:\Program Files\WinTV

Which key are you reading in the registry?
Here is the log.

10/05/2005 20:18:34 PlugInManager.Load()
10/05/2005 20:18:34 Load plugins from :plugins\process\ProcessPlugins.dll
10/05/2005 20:18:34 Load plugins from :plugins\process\HCWPlugin.dll
10/05/2005 20:18:34 PlugInManager.Start()
10/05/2005 20:18:34 HCW: Version 0.0.1.1
10/05/2005 20:18:34 HCW: Repeat-delay: 0
10/05/2005 20:18:34 HCW Exception: Could not find registry entries for driver components! (Not installed?): Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
10/05/2005 20:18:40 HCW: Terminating external control: attempt #1
10/05/2005 20:18:40 HCW: Failed to start driver components! (Not installed?)
10/05/2005 20:18:40 HCW Exception: StartHCW: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
10/05/2005 20:18:40 open folderdatabase
10/05/2005 20:18:48 HCW: Lost focus - releasing internal control
10/05/2005 20:18:48 HCW Exception: StopHCW: Unable to load DLL (irremote.dll).
10/05/2005 20:18:48 Mediaportal.OnExit()
10/05/2005 20:18:48 Card:1 stop
10/05/2005 20:18:48 PlugInManager.Stop()
10/05/2005 20:18:48 HCW Exception: StopHCW: Unable to load DLL (irremote.dll).
10/05/2005 20:18:48 Mediaportal.OnExit()
10/05/2005 20:18:48 MediaPortal done

here is the install log
*** Installation Started 04/22/2005 19:05 ***
Title: Hauppauge WinTV IR
Source: C:\utilitaires\drivers\nova-t\ir32_245_22350.exe
Delete in-use files: On
Execute Program: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\ir.exe /QUIT
File Copy: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\UNir32.EXE
File Overwrite: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\UNWISE.INI
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Hauppauge WinTV Infrared Remote
RegDB Val: Hauppauge WinTV Infrared Remote
RegDB Name: DisplayName
RegDB Root: 2
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Hauppauge WinTV Infrared Remote
RegDB Val: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\UNIR32.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\ir32.LOG
RegDB Name: UninstallString
File Overwrite: C:\WINDOWS\Irremote.ini
File Copy: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\Psapi.dll
File Overwrite: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\Exec.exe
File Copy: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\irremote.DLL
File Copy: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\Ir.exe
File Copy: C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\hcw.exe
File Overwrite: C:\WINDOWS\System32\hcwutl32.dll
Made Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\marc\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Hauppauge WinTV
Shell Link: C:\Documents and Settings\marc\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Hauppauge WinTV\Restart IR.lnk
Shell Link: C:\Documents and Settings\marc\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Hauppauge WinTV\Stop IR.lnk
Shell Link: C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\MENUDÉ~1\PROGRA~1\DÉMARR~1\AutoStart IR.lnk
RegDB Key: software\hauppauge\radio
RegDB Val: hcw.exe /WINTV2K
RegDB Name: tvappname
RegDB Old: exec.exe radio wintv2K.exe

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
mPod,
Running MP 0.1.2.0, using your last plugin (and installed the driver version as indicated in your rtf file), the MP config still declares:
Home directory: All probing URLs attempted and ???
ir.exe: not found
irremote.dll: not found

In the mediaportal.log file, I find the following:
10/05/2005 20:21:16 HCW Exception: Could not find registry entries for driver components! (Not installed?): Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

Something missing in the registries? What's needed?

Thx in advance, Henry-)

PS: mPod, in your doc, concerning the tip to start MP with green power button, the exact syntax should be:
GRNPOWER={run(c:\progra~1\teamme~1\mediap~1\MediaPortal.exe)}
My 2 €uroCents, Henry-)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
For some reasons on your system the registry key is spelled in capital letters. This problem should be fixed with the 0.0.1.3 release I put online. (Click here) I don't know when and why the IR installer capitalizes this registry entry, but now we don't have to care about it anymore. :roll:

Thanks to Henry for pointing me to the typing error in the ReadMe. :wink:

Henry, just for my curiousity. Is your system also French? That might be the cause for the Hauppauge installer to save the value in capitals to the registry.

Just install the new release and everything should be fine again. Let me know...

tybreizh29

Portal Member
January 19, 2005
Gif sur Yvette
Home Country
France France
Just install the new release and everything should be fine again. Let me know...
Sorry. :(
To be sure I uninstalled ir32 then reinstall, same pb.
I've used regmon & filemon to see what happens but as MP also read HCW keys, it's not very usefull
2 Hints

with filemon:
C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\UNIR32.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\WINTV\ir32.LOGirremote.DLL NAME INVALID Options: Open Access: All

with regmon:
18:29:47 Configuration.e:2652 OpenKey HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Hauppauge WinTV Infrared Remote SUCCESS Access: 0x20019

What keys are you reading to see if ir.exe and dll are existing?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
As I said yesterday, try the new version and report if it's alright now.
I got the feeling that the problem happened to some french systems only...
Hauppauge's mysterious ways... :roll:

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
mPod, (or I should say super mPod? :lol: )

Tried with v0.0.1.4 and ... bingo everything works fine. I still haven't found all buttons and functions... My job, no? :idea: Will it be possible to map keys in the future?

Concerning the registry variable case "problem", I don't know if you decoded that I am french speaking in my post, but I personaly never install software using french language. If you want all details, my windows is english (Irish) which was chosen to be english, metric and using € currency, the right combination, that's it! All the best to you irish fellows :wink:

Thx once again for your support and skills, Henry-)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Zby said:
mPod, (or I should say super mPod? :lol: )

Tried with v0.0.1.4 and ... bingo everything works fine. I still haven't found all buttons and functions... My job, no? :idea: Will it be possible to map keys in the future?

Concerning the registry variable case "problem", I don't know if you decoded that I am french speaking in my post, but I personaly never install software using french language. If you want all details, my windows is english (Irish) which was chosen to be english, metric and using € currency, the right combination, that's it! All the best to you irish fellows :wink:

Thx once again for your support and skills, Henry-)
Well, it was just a thought because the stuff tybreizh29 posted was from a french XP. So it's just another Hauppauge mystery, when they decide to put the stuff in upper cases to the registry (with the same installer!!!!).

Ok, so everything's fine so far. Good to hear that.

Ah, Henry... take a look at the ReadMe.rtf. There's a list with all buttons and their functions. I don't think that the stuff might get configurable. You can already use the Hauppauge app or Girder for that. So it would be unnecessary work, because all that already exists. The purpose of the HCWPlugin is an out-of-the-box-support. That's what most users expect from this plugin. But who knows, maybe this might change some time? Just wait and see how bored I might get someday. No promise! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom