Hauppage Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

Nebra

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
Belgium
Works perfect ! ... but short

Hi mPod,

I installed your new pluggin last week. It worked like a charm. This week however, i formated my harddrive and installed everything again ... now the pluggin works for a few moments in TV mode and then fails ! I have not yet installed service pack 2. Could that have anything to do with it ?

Thx ;)

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
mPod,

All is running fine now with v0.0.1.4, great work! By the way, it is improving my W.A.F. a lot concerning the use of MP as usefull @ Home, thx :lol:

I have still a small feature of MP which is not usable with your plugin? In the TV Guide, we can zoom/unzoom using F7/F8, like ch +/- in TV mode which is not working, or am I missing something?

Thx in advance, and keep the pressure!

Henry-)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Version 0.0.1.5 is available now. (Click here) Some functions have been added when being in TV Guide.

FF: Time +
RW: Time -
Skip next: Day +
Skip prev: Day -
0: Reset view
Prev.Ch: Reset time
Rec: show record menu on selected programme

Pressing 2x Guide brings you back to the screen where you came from. Quite useful when you're watching TV and want to have a quick look at the guide.

Can't believe I simply forgot to add this to the Guide section in the past. :roll:

I think that was the stuff you've been looking for...

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
Hi, I can't get your plugin to work at all.

I have MCE2005 in english and a PVR150 with 45 buttons Remote control.

I did everything specified in the readme. When I go to configure the plugin, it finds ir.exe and irremote.dll correctly. I enabled advanced logging and here is what I receive:

14/05/2005 17:02:04 Load plugins from :plugins\process\HCWPlugin.dll
14/05/2005 17:02:04 Load plugins from :plugins\process\ProcessPlugins.dll
14/05/2005 17:02:04 PlugInManager.Start()
14/05/2005 17:02:04 HCW: Version 0.0.1.5
14/05/2005 17:02:04 HCW: Repeat-delay: 0
14/05/2005 17:02:05 HCW: Enabling internal control failed!

Thanks a lot for any help!
YYota

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
YYota said:
Hi, I can't get your plugin to work at all.

14/05/2005 17:02:05 HCW: Enabling internal control failed!

2 things may cause this: Either your remote does not work at all (check it with the Hauppauge apps, e.g. WinTV, "Debug.txt") or your remote is already in use by another remote control software (e.g. Girder plugin or others). Make sure your card and remote is properly working with the supplied software and make sure nothing else has got control over the remote (driver).

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
Thanks for the reply, the remote was working of course. I uninstalled all hauppauge software/drivers then reinstalled them and now it works. I have no idea what changed but at least it works now!

Thanks a lot for the great plugin!!!

S

Squidi

XPSP2

Is there any chance that this could be made to work under windows 2000?

Thanks,
Squidi

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
September 7, 2004
Germany
hi!

what about adding some more configuration to this great plugin? for example i don't close mediaportal on my htpc but i send my htpc into hibernate mode. so instead closing mediaportal i would like to have an option for the power button on my remote to select 'close mp' or 'hibernate pc'.

the butcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom