Hauppauge 2250 Radio Problem (1 Viewer)

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
I just purchased a HAuppauge 2250 dual tuner plus fm radio card and I am having a couple of issues
1) How do I determine which two tuners to pair together as a hybrid? I've guessed a couple of times and still manage to lock up the tvserver at times.
2) FM radio scan is a disaster. Using the seek button on the software included with the card, I get many many stations (I am close to Detroit Mi), however scanning with the config software I only get 3 stations and they are static. If I force a station frequency into the channel list (change say 88.2 to 88.7) I get no signal, even though the radio software shows a full 100% signal in stereo.
I have the antenna coming from the roof going to both the TV input and Radio Input. I have tried to just the radio input as well as using a different antenna.

Any suggestions?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you folks still looking for help with this? I may be able to help you...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you folks still looking for help with this? I may be able to help you...

Hi,

FM radio tuning on Hauppauge 2200 cards is a known problem. If you are able to help with this, the team would definitely appreciate it, either by you providing a guide/workaround or a fix for the problems.

Please send me a PM if you are able to help.

Regards,

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

Sorry for not responding sooner. Don't know why I didn't get a notification about elliotmc's post...
    Yes there is a patch. Take a look here.
    I'd appreciate if you could test it. At the moment I've only provided a binary for 1.2.0a, but if you are using a different version of MediaPortal then just ask and I'll create a patch for that version too :)

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi folks

Sorry for not responding sooner. Don't know why I didn't get a notification about elliotmc's post...
    Yes there is a patch. Take a look here.
    I'd appreciate if you could test it. At the moment I've only provided a binary for 1.2.0a, but if you are using a different version of MediaPortal then just ask and I'll create a patch for that version too :)

I would love to test it. But I have version 1.1.0. Can you provide a patched binary for that?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Absolutely!
    Having said that, I'm sorry to say that I'm at work at the moment so you're going to have to wait until I get home in 7 hours or so. Make sure you post your results whether successful or not so that the team can see that the patch is good (or bad - in which case I can fix it ;)).

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Absolutely!
    Having said that, I'm sorry to say that I'm at work at the moment so you're going to have to wait until I get home in 7 hours or so. Make sure you post your results whether successful or not so that the team can see that the patch is good (or bad - in which case I can fix it ;)).

That's no problem. Then I can get some sleep ;)

And off course I will report back on the results, otherwise MP won't get any better...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Patch for 1.1.0 is posted in the first post of the patch discussion thread.
    I asked you to post results - could actually post your tv.log file? I have added some extra debug that might help me to make a better fix if the rest of the team have any concerns about the patch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom