Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (3 Viewers)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi luci5r, sad to ear that this does not work for you. In ShowBiz, instead of m2ts try TS (Playstation 3 if I remember) maybe it's just that.

That Worked!!! I'm amazed that was the solution. I don't know why there is a difference between selecting M2TS vs. TS ... but i'm not going to question it, considering it works! I'm getting full bit rate quality (17 mbps avg / 20 mbps peak) + 5.1 AC-3 audio when recording through Media Portal now .. just like ArcSoft ShowBiz. This is great.

Thanks man - I appreciate it.

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    1. Has anyone tried a HDFury? Any feedback on the results?
    I would be very interested in hearing about results with the new HDMI output-equipped HDFury as well.
    2. Has anyone tried using the HDMI capture on the Colossus in MP? Does it work or should I stick with Component??
    I have tried HD Capture on the Colossus in MP. It works, but it seems to be quite intolerant of on-the-fly resolution switching. Resolution changes are common when switching between SD and HD channels if your receiver is configured to output the native resolution of the content, rather than using its internal scaler, so this can be a significant issue.

Sasha

joshuasdad

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey guys,

Where do I set the pin configuration. I am not getting 5.1 over spdif I'm not getting any audio ver this onnection, but I was in wmc, video and channel change work fantastic.

I am using ffdshow.

Thanks

joshuasdad

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

joshuasdad

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok guy I got it figured out.

Edit each channel to your settings, me component and spdif 2 for audio, lots of fun for 100's of channels

Make sure you restart pc.

Thanks

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Ok guy I got it figured out.

Edit each channel to your settings, me component and spdif 2 for audio, lots of fun for 100's of channels

Make sure you restart pc.

Thanks
    You can do a SQL update query to modify videoSource and audioSource in dbo_TuningDetail table of the TV-Server database. Alternatively, you can use MS Access' GUI to do a search and replace in these fields. Either way though, you'll be done in a fraction of the time.

You shouldn't need to reboot after you are done; restarting TV-Server should be sufficient.

Sasha

joshuasdad

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok I got everything mapped correctly. Dolby is turned on on the receiver, but no 5.1.
    Dolby dd works on ota, and in xbmc.

So am I almost there.

Thanks for the help.

Derek Skedden

March 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've been having a lot of troubles with my Colossus, but i managed to fix everything but one...the sound.
    I haven't been able to get sound at all, and i do not know why.

I'm trying to record off my PC; games such as Guild Wars, Battlefield3.
    For both Video and Audio, I have them both set to HDMI right now. I'm fairly new to this, so i don't know how to setup HDMI audio on my PC.
    Any help would be appreciated. :)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok I got everything mapped correctly. Dolby is turned on on the receiver, but no 5.1.
    Dolby dd works on ota, and in xbmc.

So am I almost there.

Thanks for the help.
    Do you get sound in ArcSoft ShowBiz ? (available on the colossus CD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom