Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (3 Viewers)

dmertz

Portal Member
January 10, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'll give this a try tonight as well. I'll be using 1.2.0alpha with the replacement TVLibrary.dll provided here.

I'm not entirely certain, but I believe that I observed 1.2.0alpha working with capturing 1800i via the component and S/PDIF inputs last week, but yesterday's attempts at capturing NTSC via the S-Video and front-panel L and R audio failed with timeout waiting for PMT errors. I'm tuning by selecting the particular interface in the channel guide; I don't have any numbered channels mapped and I have not yet installed the IR blaster. I just recently got the HDPVR and have not used it with any version of MP prior to 1.2.0alpha.

Dave

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey Dave,
    I doubt that the SVN 27798 TvLibrary.dll file will work with 1.2 alpha. You can try it, but please know we cant help if your not working against the latest SVN.

My guess is mm1352000 will get his changes commited tonight or tomorrow and then you can pull a full version of the 1.2 beta.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I agree with Wile,
    at this point if you can wait for 1.2 beta to come out your life will be much easier.
    I know there are also database changes between either 1.1.2 or 1.2 alpha and what will be 1.2 beta

dmertz

Portal Member
    January 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Unfortunately, I got left behind in the switch to VS 2010. I only have VS 2008 to work with. If jamming in TVLibrary.dll works for rudimentary testing with the HDPVR, great, if not, I'll either try building off of the last SVN before the switch to VS 2010 or I'll just wait for 1.2.0beta. My intended HTPC configuration depends on the HDPVR working with MediaPortal, so I also wanted to indicate my interest what you folks are doing.

Dave

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Unfortunately, I got left behind in the switch to VS 2010. I only have VS 2008 to work with. If jamming in TVLibrary.dll works for rudimentary testing with the HDPVR, great, if not, I'll either try building off of the last SVN before the switch to VS 2010 or I'll just wait for 1.2.0beta. My intended HTPC configuration depends on the HDPVR working with MediaPortal, so I also wanted to indicate my interest what you folks are doing.

Dave

Cool, if thats the case use build 27557 and the TvLibrary from this build here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...uppuage-hd-pvr-45382/index105.html#post721612 Filename -> HDPVR_fix_patch(v0.7)[SVN_27557].zip

That should work good...

We added the Colossus support to later builds...

Have fun!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good morning everyone

So we got it?!? :D
    Wile E, if it is alright with you, would you (and anyone else that is able) mind using the patch for another day or so just to confirm *everything* is really working as it should. I'm keen to get it into SVN, but I want to be sure that we haven't missed anything too, because finding a bug after it goes in would be a pain.

What do I mean by "everything"? I'm talking things like:

- start channel (obviously seems to work)
    - change channel (works?)
    - stop TV, restart same channel
    - stop TV, start different channel
    - start recording
    - stop recording
    - start channel, then start manual recording
    ---> stop the manual recording (live TV should continue)
    ---> stop the live TV (recording should continue)
    ---> change channel (recording should continue)
    - using each of the inputs (if it is possible)
    - switching between channels on different inputs (if it is possible)

I'd also be interested to see some logs to confirm that the regex for picking up the Colossus device number is working correctly.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I won't be home until late tonight so I won't really get a chance to test until this weekend.

as an FYI for regex, I use this website to test regex. I've never been good myself with regular expressions :confused:

dmertz

Portal Member
    January 10, 2011
    Home Country
    We added the Colossus support to later builds...
    Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I lost track reading the exchanges and thought that you guys were still working on fixing the HD-PVR support. I previously downloaded SVN 27577 but haven't done a complete build of it yet.

Dave

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Good morning everyone

So we got it?!? :D
    Wile E, if it is alright with you, would you (and anyone else that is able) mind using the patch for another day or so just to confirm *everything* is really working as it should. I'm keen to get it into SVN, but I want to be sure that we haven't missed anything too, because finding a bug after it goes in would be a pain.

What do I mean by "everything"? I'm talking things like:

- start channel (obviously seems to work)
    - change channel (works?)
    - stop TV, restart same channel
    - stop TV, start different channel
    - start recording
    - stop recording
    - start channel, then start manual recording
    ---> stop the manual recording (live TV should continue)
    ---> stop the live TV (recording should continue)
    ---> change channel (recording should continue)
    - using each of the inputs (if it is possible)
    - switching between channels on different inputs (if it is possible)

I'd also be interested to see some logs to confirm that the regex for picking up the Colossus device number is working correctly.

So far so good... I've been testing for a while, everything looks good. Starting, stopping, recording, stopping, starting again, etc...

I only use the Component Inputs with RCA (for now) so I havent tested any of the other inputs.

The Regex is working as it should. I have two Colossus tuners, 0 and 1, and both register and work correctly (see attached logs.)

My only other test will be to check the SPDIF input, but like SJeffrey I probably wont have time to do that until this weekend. If its not working correctly dont worry about it, we can use the RCA inputs until we can look into it further.

Thanks again for all your help mm!

:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So far so good... I've been testing for a while, everything looks good. Starting, stopping, recording, stopping, starting again, etc...

I only use the Component Inputs with RCA (for now) so I havent tested any of the other inputs.

The Regex is working as it should. I have two Colossus tuners, 0 and 1, and both register and work correctly (see attached logs.)

My only other test will be to check the SPDIF input, but like SJeffrey I probably wont have time to do that until this weekend. If its not working correctly dont worry about it, we can use the RCA inputs until we can look into it further.

Excellent :D
    I can't see my debug entry for the regex in the logs, but it must be working since both Colossuses (Colossi ??? :p) are working. It is quite unusual for a "tuner" manufacturer to number the devices like that, but I like the idea because it would make things much clearer when you go to look at tuner lists in TV Server configuration.

BTW, I'm happy that I put the quality control in. It looks like the Colossus supports it:

[COLLAPSE]2011-04-14 18:57:47.584960 [TVService(6)]: analog: IVideoEncoder supported by: Hauppauge Colossus TS Encoder 0; Checking capabilities

2011-04-14 18:57:47.584960 [TVService(6)]: analog: Encoder supports ENCAPIPARAM_BitRateMode

2011-04-14 18:57:47.584960 [TVService(6)]: analog: Encoder supports ENCAPIPARAM_BitRate

2011-04-14 18:57:47.588867 [TVService(6)]: analog: Encoder supports ENCAPIPARAM_PeakBitRate[/COLLAPSE]

If you are happy for me to commit now then I will do so as soon as I get home from work (6 hours or so)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom