Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (1 Viewer)

markymarc35

March 1, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi all,

I am new to MP and i almost got it running as i need.
I do have a Colossus card and i was able to set it up except for one thing, how would i get the channel listing?
I have an account on ScheduleDirect, i installed the plugin in mp and set it up in the server config app.
All i have as channels are the input to the card and i do get an image and the sound from the YRYBY #1 "channel" which is where my stb is connected to.

I would need to get the channels (the real ones) in mp and be able to change the channel on my std via the IR blaster off the Colossus card and schedule recordings from the tv guide.

Any help is appreciated.

[UPDATE] It's working now, only had to restart the tv server and pop all the chanels were there :D

On a side note, i am an experienced C# dev (it is my day to day job) if i can get this to work, i would be happy to help in the dev on MP :)

Last edited:

sirgaric

Portal Member
June 19, 2012
Zarauz, Pais Vasco, Spain
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello,

I have a problem with my Colossus setup.

In my STB, some channels come with 5.1 DD, and the rest come with 2-channel AAC.

If I use the optical audio connector for 5.1 sound, it actually works. But the problem comes when changing from a channel with 5.1 sound to a channel that has 2-ch AAC. In this case, I lose audio and sometimes I get video stutters. If I switch again to another 2-ch AAC channel, the audio comes back.

Is there any solution or patch for this? I suppose the problem comes from the fact that the Timeshift buffer starts having one audio codec and then changes to a different codec, and the client gets confused. But then I don't understand why it works with the second channel change.

A workaround is of course stopping the stream and tuning again, but it would be great if I could make this work as it's supposed to.

Thanks again for your help.

EDIT: I am using XBMC as the client, connected to ARGUSTV Scheduler and MP 1.3.0 just for the Analog Tuner, so perhaps MP is not the cause of this. I'll also ask in the other forums.

Last edited:

sirgaric

Portal Member
June 19, 2012
Zarauz, Pais Vasco, Spain
Home Country
Spain Spain
It's me again,

I see that a patch was posted around post #30 that fixed this problem. Are those patches compatible with version 1.3.0? or do I need to go back?

Another question. The patch consisted in a zip file with a configurator (SetupTV.exe) and some dll's. As far as I could understand those are for the MP client. Since I use ArgusTV for the schedules (and recording), and XBMC as the client, will this patch work for me and how do I need to apply it?

Thanks

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Personnaly I use composite audio to solve this problem. But I don't get 5.1 audio. Only 2.0 AAC.

Pascal Cimon

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello All,

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 8 64 bit and upgraded my motherboard CPU and Memory. I am running the exact same MP setup in both OS which is:

- MP 1.3.0 Final
    - 1 Colossus card
    - 1 HD PVR

Everything is working properly except that now I can't seem to get any sound from the Colossus card. The HD PVR is fine. This was working perfectly on Windows 7. I have the tuning details set to Component for Video, automatic for audio and both the HD PVR are connected with the red and white RCA connectors. I installed Hauppage's wintv 7 to check if I'm having a hardware issue from transferring the card to the new mobo but it works perfectly in WinTV 7. I checked the logs and there are no errors when the card gets accessed so MP thinks all is well but no sound...

Any idea what could be causing this?

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello All,

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 8 64 bit and upgraded my motherboard CPU and Memory. I am running the exact same MP setup in both OS which is:

- MP 1.3.0 Final
    - 1 Colossus card
    - 1 HD PVR

Everything is working properly except that now I can't seem to get any sound from the Colossus card. The HD PVR is fine. This was working perfectly on Windows 7. I have the tuning details set to Component for Video, automatic for audio and both the HD PVR are connected with the red and white RCA connectors. I installed Hauppage's wintv 7 to check if I'm having a hardware issue from transferring the card to the new mobo but it works perfectly in WinTV 7. I checked the logs and there are no errors when the card gets accessed so MP thinks all is well but no sound...

Any idea what could be causing this?
    Pascal,

I think the problem here has do with the fact that the "automatic" audio setting isn't so, well, automatic. Take a look at an old post I made on this matter:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vr-colossus-support.94850/page-75#post-857061

I think you'll have to set the audio source manually to use the stereo RCA inputs.

Sasha

Pascal Cimon

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Sasha,

I agree that automatic here is not so automatic but in my case it was the only way I could get both card working in Windows 7. We had discussed it in a previous post when I was trying to get TOSLINK to work if you'll remember. I switched to automatic and everything was working perfectly in win 7 because the related audio for Videopin type 10 points to line # 1 in both cards. What's puzzling is that the conf files under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\AnalogCard are identical for windows 7 and 8 which mans it should work. But sound stopped working for the Colossus. I also forgot to mention that setting the colossus card to line 1 instead of automatic also does not work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom