Hauppauge HVR-1110 (Philips) - a step forward (1 Viewer)

NOiSE

Portal Member
September 20, 2007
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 RC2
Windows Version: Vista 32bit
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 1.8 GHz
HDD: 4x Hitachi 60 GB
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: ASUS P5WDH
Video Card: ATI X1950
Video Card Driver: 7.9
Sound Card: Onboard
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1110
1. TV Card Type: Analog/DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Video Encoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Audio Encoder

Hi developers,

I have also the infamous Hauppauge HVR-1110 (Philips chipset) and got "no graph" errors on analogue part.
I have browsed all the related topics here, found no solutions except various "reinstall/retry" approaches.

Then I have started to poke around the "CapturCardDefinitions.xml" file.
With help of the "GraphEdit" tool referenced somewhere on this forum I have created a definition which does not produce "no graph" error anymore:

Code:
  <capturecard commercialname="Hauppauge HVR-1110 Analogue" capturename="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_67010070&amp;rev_d1">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="tvtuner"		name="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog TV Tuner"	checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="tvaudio"		name="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog TV Audio"	checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="crossbar"		name="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Xbar"	checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="capture"		name="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Capture"	checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="videncoder"		name="MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Video Encoder"	checkdevice="false"/>
        <filter cat="audencoder"		name="MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Audio Encoder"	checkdevice="false"/>
        <filter cat="mux"		name="MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Multiplexer"		checkdevice="false"/>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar"		sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"		sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio"		sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar"		sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"		sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar"		sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture"		sinkpin="1"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="capture"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder"		sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="capture"		sourcepin="2" sinkfilter="audencoder"		sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="videncoder"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux"			sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="audencoder"	sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux"			sinkpin="1"/>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

Now I am able to start the autoscan and/or enter channels manually via configuration.exe.
The issue is, that nor automatic scan, nor manually setup channel on valid frequence generates output, it shows blank black screen only, and in mediaportal.exe (fullscreen) it "reports no signal"

PS: The same frequency set up in graphedit.exe (graphs are connected the same way as in definition above) produces an ASF file with video and sound.

Please help with investigating further, so we (HVR-1110 owners) could use this great software !

:D

PS: my error log shows only:
Code:
[ERROR][5]: SinkGraphEx.SetupTeletext(): Failed to find WST Codec

Is it possible that is is because Vista does not have WST Decoder and WST Codec is renamed to VBICodec ?

How can I disable the linking of teletext related DS filters ?

:D

feanorknd

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
málaga
Home Country
Spain Spain
No one could help him!?
There is a community of people really "fucked" with hauppauge this way.... me included.. :(

Maybe if someone with experience or acknowledge could have a look---------

Balatron

Portal Member
October 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Same with me i have everything ready, and i´m trying around and searching the net, and waiting fo a result here. If it takes too long i´ll buy another tv card :(. Maybe Hauppage brings a new driver...

einstein72

Portal Member
October 12, 2007
In front of my PC
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No one could help him!?
There is a community of people really "fucked" with hauppauge this way.... me included.. :(

Maybe if someone with experience or acknowledge could have a look---------

Yes, maybe, but I'm not going to wait for it to happen or not. I replaced my Hauppauge sh*t card with a Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV and couldn't be happier.
The only thing Hauppauge have acomplished here is that I will never buy anything from them again. :mad:

And the FloppyDTV is a firm recommendation! :D

NOiSE

Portal Member
September 20, 2007
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
HVR-1110 up and running!

As nobody was willing (able) to help I finally brought this card to work, both in sound and vision !
Even the recording/timeshifting is working !

To be short, you have to do 4 simple steps:

1) Install latest Hauppauge drivers including the MCE soft encoder.
2) Edit "CaptureCardDefinitions.xml" - put following right after <capturecards>
PHP:
<capturecard commercialname="Hauppauge HVR-1110 Analogue" capturename="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_67010070&amp;rev_d1">
  	<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
	<tv>
      <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="tvtuner"	name="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog TV Tuner"	checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="tvaudio"	name="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog TV Audio"	checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="crossbar"	name="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Xbar"	checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="capture"	name="Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Capture"	checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="mux"	name="MainConcept (MCE) MPEG Encoder"		checkdevice="false"/>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"    sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar"   sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"    sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio"    sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio"    sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar"   sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar"   sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"    sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar"   sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture"    sinkpin="1"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="capture"    sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux"	 sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="capture"    sourcepin="2" sinkfilter="mux"	 sinkpin="1"/>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>
3) Start MediaPortal "Configuration" and choose "Television" and set:
  • MPEG-2 Video Decoder = MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Video Decoder
  • Audio Decoder = MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Audio Decoder
4) Restart the "Configuration" !!!

After this, you should be able to choose the "Hauppauge HVR-1110 Analogue" from the list of cards and search/set you favorite channels as I could.

PS: Maybe could someone at least explain why the same graph setup in GRAPHEDIT utilizes my CPU for 3% and MediaPortal for 40%... The GRAPHEDIT file is attached for your pleasure.

feanorknd

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
málaga
Home Country
Spain Spain
GREEEEEEEEEATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!! You are the man!!!

feanorknd

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
málaga
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello...

Sorry, maybe I am a bit lazy, but my problem is I am actually using Linux/Freevo, and this week going to update hardware and configure windows with mediaportal.. this is because I cannot test nothing at all... I am just thinking and studying my upgrades...

Noise (thanks) told about "Install latest Hauppauge drivers including the MCE soft encoder."

So I figure out I must install the package at:
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/support/support_new_mce.html

Name:
MCE_CD_31H.exe
Updated:
Oct 17, 2007

I suppose that, but I preffer to ask somebody just what is exactly the package or drivers I need to install to make it run thanks to Noise work here.... you tell about MCE encoder.. where is that? Is necessary to install WinTV just after drivers? If you were so kind (suppose it to be a minute)...

Thanks so much.

NOiSE

Portal Member
September 20, 2007
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Driver installation guide

Feanorknd:

if you download and extract the MCE CD you have to install the drivers exactly as recommended on the guide page.

then you have to install the MCE encoder which is located in MCE_soft_encoder subfolder of the CD:

MCE_Guide_Step1c.jpg

After that, you have to install MediaPortal and configure the card as described in my topic above.

I hope it works for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom