Having a few teething issues (2 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it happening consistently for you @ge2301? Can you try and get some debug logs showing it?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it happening consistently for you @ge2301? Can you try and get some debug logs showing it?
    I have the issue always with the MIA Rework Branch.
    I changed loglevel to ALL and attached the log files.

For the info, what I did:
    • Start MP2
    • Navigate between the Tiles in "Videos"
    • Focus "Series Tile"
    • Press "Enter" - Nothing happens
    • Pressed "Arrow up" (Any other key would also do it)
    • Busy curser appears for 40 seconds!
    • Finally the Series view is visible

fatt_fill

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2008
    Home Country
    What's the MIA Rework v2 ?. I certainly still see this behaviour (the GUI only registering the action when you go to action something else), and it certainly behaves this way when you first start MP, but I'm not convinced the problem doesn't go away after it's been open for a while?

Phil

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is the normal behavior, not only with the MIA Rework. The busy cursor only is shown if you
    a) move the mouse
    b) press any key on remote or keyboard
    Don't think it originally was intended to work this way but that's how it is working since the beginning. Imho it would be better if the busy cursor appears instantly or with a little time out (below 1 sec) without further action by the user if an operation needs time to complete...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What's the MIA Rework
    Simple search the forum and you will find tons of postings... It's a mayor technical rework of the MP2 database- structure. It is ongoing since more than a year now and has massive influence on nearly every part of MP2. And the MIA Rework is close to be ready in meantime.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is the normal behavior, not only with the MIA Rework. The busy cursor only is shown if you
    a) move the mouse
    b) press any key on remote or keyboard
    Don't think it originally was intended to work this way but that's how it is working since the beginning. Imho it would be better if the busy cursor appears instantly or with a little time out (below 1 sec) without further action by the user if an operation needs time to complete...
    It was never working like that for me before and is also not intended. I still have the weekly installed in parallel, and pressing "enter" will always open what I selected dirrectly without the need to press another key.
    I have the problem only with the MIA-Rework branch lately, but some people seem to have it also in other situations.
    In MIA-Reowrk I need to confirm everything two times, even selection of a MI.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a misunderstanding. I was talking about showing the busy cursor, not about the entering of any special part of MP2...

and pressing "enter" will always open what I selected dirrectly
    If you have a big library and an import is running this also happens most of the time with "normal" builds. Sometimes the reaction is slow (like in your example) but after a while the desired view is shown and sometimes there is an error message popping up "This view could not be build" and nothing else is shown...
    It's simply due to the heavy work- load the MP2 server has in this moment, so it did not answer as fast as needed... But I don't know if it has the same reason in the MIA Rework build as I didn't have an opportunity to test it myself (can not compile and ready made binaries are not available)...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    This is a misunderstanding. I was talking about showing the busy cursor, not about the entering of any special part of MP2...

If you have a big library and an import is running this also happens most of the time with "normal" builds. Sometimes the reaction is slow (like in your example) but after a while the desired view is shown and sometimes there is an error message popping up "This view could not be build" and nothing else is shown...
    It's simply due to the heavy work- load the MP2 server has in this moment, so it did not answer as fast as needed... But I don't know if it has the same reason in the MIA Rework build as I didn't have an opportunity to test it myself (can not compile and ready made binaries are not available)...

I haven't been able to narrow it down yet, it seems that something is taking much longer than it should to initialise, but the point where this happens seems to vary (possibly supporting Lehmden's theory of heavy workload). I did notice that you both have errors in your logs related to TV, it might be worth trying to disable the TV plugin (move the whole TV plugin folder out of the client directory) and see if it changes anything.
    I'm away until tomorrow eve but will look into it more when back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom