Having a few teething issues | Page 3

Discussion in 'General' started by fatt_fill, June 30, 2016.

1. Reg

Reg Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have installed Media Portal 2 Spring 2016 edition ( I must say that is a bit of an annoying and confusing description given that it is only just now Spring 2016 here in NZ) but that is another issue.

My problem is that MP2 seems barely functional for me.

Every time I go to select a media source I get a spinning wheel for maybe five minutes or more.

I also just tried to select zoom mode and that little player configuration window is locked up now.

As a long term MP1 user I have tried out MP2 several times over the years, but always give up in frustration and go back to MP1

Should I give up again? Or is it going to be possible to get simple help to get it going well enough to make the shift ?

Regards Reg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fatt_fill
    • Premium Supporter

fatt_fill MP Donator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I gave up and went back last week.

I needed keyword recording having moved from Argus on mp1 and hoped to get tvwishlist working on mp2 but it didn't.

Also with a multiseat setup, not being able to delete from the client was a massive limitation

Mp2 for me was a bit unstable compared to mp1 and the number of mp1 users still massively outweighs mp2. It still feels like it's for early adopters.

Phil

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!