Having Trouble Configuring this remote (1 Viewer)

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Don't bother mapping the power key - leave it blank. It works as standard to put the PC into standby and wake up.

The replay and skip forward buttons are the two just below rewind and f/fwd, and do as madcart says.

To get program info map Y to the info button. Although I've mapped F9 which also gives the context menu.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Si,

Thanks for that. I have just noticed that the start button isn't loading Mediaportal even though I have it ticked in the "Additional 3rd Party Checks". Is there something else I need to do??

ecamaj

Portal Member
    July 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Don't bother mapping the power key - leave it blank. It works as standard to put the PC into standby and wake up.

The replay and skip forward buttons are the two just below rewind and f/fwd, and do as madcart says.

To get program info map Y to the info button. Although I've mapped F9 which also gives the context menu.

Hi Simondus,

i followed your instructions and everything works fine except that 'i' button. I see that it is acting as right mouse button in and out of MediaPortal.

I don't get your instruction of mapping Y to the info button, that is not working when "i" on remote is clicked, just on keyboard of course.

Is there a way to map that "i" on remote to Info button in KeyboardInputPlugin?

Thank you

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hey dude.

I've put "Y" in the box for the "i" button but it only seems to work if I press it twice. Otherwise F9 will bring up the menu - give it a try and let me know. I'll have another play with it this weekend and report back if I have any success.

Cheers ears.
    Si

madcart

Portal Member
    January 20, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    I just put the cursor in the 'key:' edit box and click the button on the remote I want to use.

but it only seems to work if I press it twice
    apparently some remotes cycle through different IR signals with each keypress - maybe that is what you are seeing?

ecamaj

Portal Member
    July 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I just put the cursor in the 'key:' edit box and click the button on the remote I want to use.

well, as i said, it is not working with "i" button because when i put cursor in "key:" edit box and press "i" it shows me context menu just like i clicked right mouse button. So, that's still not solved.

Did anyone also managed to get green button start mediaportal with this remote without any additional software?

thanks

dint10

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2010
    Home Country
    I have this same remote - I have to say it is driving me bonkers and i was just about to give up on it until I came across this thread.

So - not tried the plug in suggested here as yet. Will do that later.

However - with regards the big green buttun to launch MediaPortal - I have managed to get that to work using Eventghost.

Unfortunately - i suspect i will need to ditch Eventghost if I am going to use the plu in suggested here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom